Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

There's going to be people shooting at everyone in the ghettos of Detroit and its parks. Just be on your gaurd.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Banning cars would eliminate fights over parking spaces.

Just sayin'...
    Or charging 3$ for a car to cross the bridge... the ghetto rats would balk at the charge & there would be cash for keeping the park clean. Of course the suggestion is political poison... Just sayin' back

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthRes View Post
    Jackie5275-

I am sorry to see that you have the opinion you do and hope that one day your pollyanna attitude about the reality of visiting Belle Isle or any other event that involves the people of this region doesn't make you a victim rather than a survivor. Until then, keep up the arguments for "your side" and I will continue with mine. Please orgaize some kind of movement, if you feel so righteous, to overturn the current laws as vociforously as you have defended your opinion that I am wrong. Hopefully the honest candor expressed by these types of threads will prevail against the bullshit that ocassionally rears it's ugly head in discussing such sensitive topics.

Res
    Thank you so very much for the verbal beat down. Contrary to what you think, I've read every single post in this thread including all of yours. I've only posted one, but based on that you have decided I'm some gun control freak with a "pollyanna attitude" about visiting Belle Isle.
    First of all, I'm not a gun control freak. Second, I've not been to Belle Isle since the late 1980s due to element there that you describe. Third, all I was saying that you never know what kind of situation will set someone off whether it be a parking slot or a bump in a crowd. I think that having a gun added to that situation gives the potential to make it more dangerous. You seem to think that such a situation could never happen to someone carrying a gun legally because they've had proper training on gun handling. I disagree. Just because someone has had the training doesn't mean they have the same self-restraint you seem to have in using that gun. But apparently you have way more knowledge in human behavior and far more experience in dealing with the criminal element than any of us here who you perceive disagree with you in any sort of way. For that, you are a better man than me.

I am again sorry that you mis-took my statements, and a clear illustration that you needed to be responded to in the fashion that I did to you is your innuendo when making statements such as I have copied below, where you assume things that I never intended and twisted my words to meet your own perceptions of me:

"I'm not one that has to be right or tell others what to do as you have called some of the other posters in this thread."

My reading comprehension is just fine thank you, and I know exactly what that statement means. In short, stop whining, Jackie, it does not reflect on you very well at all.

Apparently, you missed the part where I actually DID NOT SUPPORT the carrying of weapons at A, B & E or anywhere else for that matter where there are a preponderence of families trying to have a good time. Belle Isle, IN MY OPINION, is one such place where that factor does not exist AFTER DARK AND DURING THE EARLY TWILIGHT HOURS.

I also have advocated nothing but training and safety in all of my posts but I will admit that sometimes I may have done so in a very frustrated manner due to the idiotic mantra that keeps coming across from people that are sure to become victims of their own stupidity in believing that they need not be prepared to react to the violent crime that exists everywhere.

Here is another statement that I made in case you missed it:

"I disagree with your assertion, and contend that people WHO ARE TRAINED CORRECTLY [[as I have said about three times if you had cared to actually read all of my posts) are far less likely to resort to the very final act of using their weapon and instead try a myriad of other ways that good training would teach you to assuage the angry persons state of mind. At 6' 2" and 220lbs., I would rather take my chances beating someones ass than killing them, but, if they have a weapon, I would like to be equally prepared to confront that threat as well, which a LEGAL CPL allows you to do.", to which you snidely responded with the above statement as quoted , somehow insinuating that I had knowledge that you could never understand or possess about the regions psyche. In that statement I was simply saying that training HELPS to assure that rational decisions are made when involving a weapon, not GUARANTEEING it.

There seems to be a number of other posters who actually could understand the intent of my posts and agree to disagree with me, but you have chosen to make it a personal rebuke kind of thing by me to you in some way other than what I was intending. Since I don't know you, and have nothing other to make my assertions from than what you post, I don't know how I could have been any more rational than I already was being. If you think that I "verbally beat you down" than you REALLY don't know me, because I feel that I could have been much more harsh than I was and you are being unnecessarily sensitive. Considering you also made this statement:

"Second, I've not been to Belle Isle since the late 1980s due to element there that you describe.",

from which I would derive that you were actually somewhat agreeing with my position on the Isle and to somehow turn that into an accusation that I was "beating you down" is a bit disingeuous, as I certainly would not do that to someone I did not know.

Ask anyone here who has actually had serious discourse with me outside of the confines of this forum and you will find my assertions to be correct, of that I am sure. Please do not assume that my passion on this subject reflects any way in "beating you down" which you have also plainly asserted, as that was clearly not my intent.

Unfortunately, I have become immersed in this topic, which I rarely ever do, as my intent normally is to participate in this site from a historical information perspective, but I finally had enough of the BS that was being thrown around and felt that since I DO have a lot of experience with these types of matters due to my MANY years of experience dealing with people both in and around the city I had the right to express my opinion, which you clearly do not agree with yourself.

Thanks for the rebuke, as it has made me completly withdraw from what I felt was a pretty good conversation so that now you can feel free to berate others who are expressing their opinions, too.

Res

We are quickly approaching the anniversary of the death of DeLetha Word. You may recall she was the woman who jumped off the MacArthur Bridge to get away from Martell Welch. Mr. Welch, a 300 lb football player from Eastern Michigan, beat 4' 11" DeLetha Word after she bumped his sweet ride with her hooptie.

Martell is now out on parole after serving 16 yrs of a 16 yr sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthRes View Post
    I am again sorry that you mis-took my statements, and a clear illustration that you needed to be responded to in the fashion that I did to you is your innuendo when making statements such as I have copied below, where you assume things that I never intended and twisted my words to meet your own perceptions of me:

"I'm not one that has to be right or tell others what to do as you have called some of the other posters in this thread."

My reading comprehension is just fine thank you, and I know exactly what that statement means. In short, stop whining, Jackie, it does not reflect on you very well at all.

Apparently, you missed the part where I actually DID NOT SUPPORT the carrying of weapons at A, B & E or anywhere else for that matter where there are a preponderence of families trying to have a good time. Belle Isle, IN MY OPINION, is one such place where that factor does not exist AFTER DARK AND DURING THE EARLY TWILIGHT HOURS.

I also have advocated nothing but training and safety in all of my posts but I will admit that sometimes I may have done so in a very frustrated manner due to the idiotic mantra that keeps coming across from people that are sure to become victims of their own stupidity in believing that they need not be prepared to react to the violent crime that exists everywhere.

Here is another statement that I made in case you missed it:

"I disagree with your assertion, and contend that people WHO ARE TRAINED CORRECTLY [[as I have said about three times if you had cared to actually read all of my posts) are far less likely to resort to the very final act of using their weapon and instead try a myriad of other ways that good training would teach you to assuage the angry persons state of mind. At 6' 2" and 220lbs., I would rather take my chances beating someones ass than killing them, but, if they have a weapon, I would like to be equally prepared to confront that threat as well, which a LEGAL CPL allows you to do.", to which you snidely responded with the above statement as quoted , somehow insinuating that I had knowledge that you could never understand or possess about the regions psyche. In that statement I was simply saying that training HELPS to assure that rational decisions are made when involving a weapon, not GUARANTEEING it.

There seems to be a number of other posters who actually could understand the intent of my posts and agree to disagree with me, but you have chosen to make it a personal rebuke kind of thing by me to you in some way other than what I was intending. Since I don't know you, and have nothing other to make my assertions from than what you post, I don't know how I could have been any more rational than I already was being. If you think that I "verbally beat you down" than you REALLY don't know me, because I feel that I could have been much more harsh than I was and you are being unnecessarily sensitive. Considering you also made this statement:

"Second, I've not been to Belle Isle since the late 1980s due to element there that you describe.",

from which I would derive that you were actually somewhat agreeing with my position on the Isle and to somehow turn that into an accusation that I was "beating you down" is a bit disingeuous, as I certainly would not do that to someone I did not know.

Ask anyone here who has actually had serious discourse with me outside of the confines of this forum and you will find my assertions to be correct, of that I am sure. Please do not assume that my passion on this subject reflects any way in "beating you down" which you have also plainly asserted, as that was clearly not my intent.

Unfortunately, I have become immersed in this topic, which I rarely ever do, as my intent normally is to participate in this site from a historical information perspective, but I finally had enough of the BS that was being thrown around and felt that since I DO have a lot of experience with these types of matters due to my MANY years of experience dealing with people both in and around the city I had the right to express my opinion, which you clearly do not agree with yourself.

Thanks for the rebuke, as it has made me completly withdraw from what I felt was a pretty good conversation so that now you can feel free to berate others who are expressing their opinions, too.

Res
    Thanks for the accuasation of being a whiner while I was trying to clarify my position. Love ya too.

It wasn't an accusation as I said it rather plainly and meant it most literally. Your position was quite clear to me already, as you MORE than made it clear that you thought I had some superiority complex, per YOUR accusation and A$$umption. Stop playing your little game with me here and get on with your rather mundane points back on topic, which you seem to be helll bent in avoiding now that you have been called out for what you are.

Also, I find it strange that while you purport to be a defender and supporter of the Second Amendment, you fail to embrace the law in it's fullest intent, and rather pick and chose which portions of it you agree or disagree with. Either you except it in it's entirity or you don't. You can't pick and choose what you want to from the law, it speaks for itself, and was written with great clarity by folks who knew a hell of a lot more about liberty than either you or I.

It is also painfully obvious that you have never read either the entire Amendment itself in total, or any supporting documentation [[i.e., the Federalist Papers, etc.), of which I am sure you would see the err of your thinking and perhaps, just perhaps, see other people's points as having some validity, too. Your CONSTANT bemoaning of the fact that I don't seem to "see things your way" are a simple fact and that prompted me to use the word "whining", which, now that I have had to explain myself so thoroughly even you could understand.

Res

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Banning cars would eliminate fights over parking spaces.
    I hate it when my eyes play tricks on me. I thought that said burning.

Must be all those overly verbose posts that don't really say anything.

I thought I managed to hijack this thread and turn it into a Super Soaker, but it didnt play out.

Pingu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    There's going to be people shooting at everyone in the ghettos of Detroit and its parks. Just be on your gaurd.
    True, but most folks don't shoot like they're going around swatting flies. Most folks who shoot got hooked into a situation by some provocative incident with some provocative fool. Sure, I guess they could have just sucked it up and turned the other cheek, but the main problem we have in this town is too many fools who just can't mind their manners and who just can't mind their own business.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3