Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    It is an unfortunate situation, but this building was already lost in many ways. It was afflicted by vandalism, scrapping, heavy decay, and to top it off was in the worst of locations. Finish it off and get rid of this sad sight.
    Got to agree with all of the above, nothing to argue about. That building wasn't coming back- if it was downtown or near downtown then maybe. In that part of the city there was no way.

You've that right... no way in that area.... location, Location, LOCATION...
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Got to agree with all of the above, nothing to argue about. That building wasn't coming back- if it was downtown or near downtown then maybe. In that part of the city there was no way.

I told my mom about this and we both felt so bad; this was in her old neighborhood. I might have posted this before but it's a timely story: When my mom was 5 [[1930) the theater had a big grand opening and Tom Mix, the cowboy star, was there in person WITH HIS HORSE. My mom said there was a sea of kids. The Priscilla Theater was closer, but pretty mundane compared to the opulent Eastown. After 80 years, she still remembers it. Must have left a big impression on her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3