Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seva in Detroit

This is a nice little bump. Seva is still on pace to open later this year in midtown. They don't have the grand opening date, but things are apparently progressing nicely.

This is confirmed with the Seva website.

...and here's the link that still shows them opening in Midtown:

http://www.sevarestaurant.com/events

I went to Seva pretty regularly in the 70s and 80s and kind of quit just from inertia. Went back a few weeks ago and was delighted to find it little changed, same stained glass, same wonderful food, same ambience. I miss the market they had, though. I really hope they can open up here in midtown, that would be a lot easier to get to often.

I hope it is true. When I was a grad student at U-M I used to eat there all the time. If it is true I hope they put it in Midtown.

I heard about this several years ago as -- like many -- a grad student at Michigan. They said it was just a matter of time. It's nice to be in town for the grand opening!

I liked their sweet potato fries back when I lived in AA

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I hope it is true. When I was a grad student at U-M I used to eat there all the time. If it is true I hope they put it in Midtown.
    It is going to be in Midtown, taking multiple commercial spaces on the East side of the N'Namdi Art Center off of Garfield between Woodward and John R. I walk by it almost daily to watch the build out. They are going to have a nice open air patio on the green walkway that links Forest to Garfield.

I think this would be a good addition to Midtown.

I lived in Ann Arbor for about 6 years and all of my roommates at the time were vegan. I think we ate at Seva twice in that entire time. Both times I thought the food was decent, but I think the draw is more "touristy". It works in a college town. Hopefully it'll work for Midtown.

From the Detroit News a few days ago. There is also another thread about this article:

http://detnews.com/article/20110805/...hop-in-Detroit

"The N'Namdi space has imported two other businesses to Detroit — one is a yoga operator based in Birmingham and the other is the Ann Arbor vegetarian Seva Restaurant, which is still building out its space"

bump the detroit location is open

https://www.facebook.com/eatitdetroi...a/358988467512

There is a sign on the side of the building on E Forest, you can see it from Woodward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2