No Breaking News story, just something good to report....for a change.

As I was walking down 7Mile earlier, I passed by the abandoned buildings located between Greenview and Avon and there was garbage all over the place. Weeds growing wild. One of the trees was knocked down. Basically, it was a dump. I remember this area very well. Back in the 80's, there was a store in the middle and I can't remember the name but they were one of the first to have video games in their stores. There was also a methadone clinic on the corner of 7Mile and Greenview which had the bums hanging on the corner which started the downfall of this block.

Okay, I was walking saw the trash and moved on. As I was making my way back down 7Mille, I had to again pass the area that I just called a dump but there a group of people out there. Men, Women and children were out there cutting the grass, pulling up weeds and picking up trash. The tree that I mentioned being knocked down was being picked up by a group of guys.

We are so used to hearing stories about the worse that is Detroit that we don't get to see or hear about the good. I saw Detroiters caring about their city, their neighborhood and their people making a difference. These are the people that I align myself with. Not the ones that the news show us each night that makes us shake our heads.