Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Redwings

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Well the Coyotes are talking trash, saying the Wings are scared of them. I don't think so. Wings in 6, maybe even 5. Coyotes only chance is if the refs get crazy like last years series with the Sharks. If Franzen get bloodied again with a high stick thats not called I'm gonna lose it.
    Wings in 5. On our ice this time.

Not so much the No calls on high sticks, but the rediculous calls on Homer in front of the net. At this point almost every team plays this position. Call it both ways ref.

And maybe another non-call high stick to Franzens face will put some playoff fire under his ass! Let's hope, cause we're gonna need him.

In todays Freep Helene St. James states that Henrik Zetterberg has a 2nd degree MCL sprain of his left knee. I wonder how she got that information being that these things are guarded more closely than military secrets and usually all we get is "lower body injury". I also wonder why she feels its ok to print this. Now when he comes back our opponents will know where to target him. Not good imo.

In todays Freep Helene St. James states that Henrik Zetterberg has a 2nd degree MCL sprain of his left knee. I wonder how she got that information being that these things are guarded more closely than military secrets and usually all we get is "lower body injury". I also wonder why she feels its ok to print this. Now when he comes back our opponents will know where to target him. Not good imo.
    I think the opponents already know that he's already dinged up. Whether in the speed of the game they actually have the where with all to actually go after a particular body part can be debatable. But I do agree that it's one thing to report that Zetterberg is out, it's totally another thing to pin it down that exactly. Unless she has access to some medical data to back this up, I find it suspect information at best. If I was her editor, I would want concrete proof long before the ink hit the proverbial paper. I'd want a credible source and one that is willing to stake their reputation on it as well; I hate these "un-named sources" because more times than not, they're phonies.

We all know the Wings' medical/ training staff isn't revealing any of this stuff so I agree- where is she getting these "facts"?

But rather than kvetch about iffy journalism, I'd much rather watch highlights of that Darren Helm goal where Pavel Datsyuk made that incredible play. It was amazing to behold.

I like the sense of purpose this bunch has now. Dispatching the pesky Coyotes in four because they learned not to take them too lightly seems like a good mantra. Rest will be good for this bunch. And if there is a long delay between now and the next series, I can't see a Babcock coached team not being prepared or energized because of the lull. This is probably as determined of a team as I've seen in awhile. I see good things so far.

I think that Fleanix quickly realized that we could score on them even when they got physical on us . We learned from that brutal 7 games last season and were ready for them this time . We will be well rested and healed by the time round 2 starts . Hank said he was ready to go for game 4 , but I believe the coach held him out . Whats up with the Fleanix goalie ? He's a free agent next year and one would think he would have shined this series , he looked like crap but then again when the Wings are on their game we can make most goalies look like crap . On a side note , I known a few people in Vancouver for years now and boy are they down in the dumps , saying maybe they have too many Euro players on the team . They'll probably win their series . I keep telling them that Luongo is overrated lol

I hope they spend some of their extended practice time on the pk, it needs to improve if we are to advance. Also need to cut down on the unforced turnovers in the defensive zone. But they are doing a lot of things well and seem set for a good run. Its gonna be fun.

Draper on having the house to himself this weekend because his family is in Florida for Easter

'' I was thinking on have Abdelkator and Helm over for an Easter egg hunt '' LOL !

OK, help me out regarding who to root for tonight.
    Vancouver vs. Chicago, Game 7. If Chicago wins, as the lowest seed in the Western Conference, they would play the remaining top seed San Jose in the next round, wouldn't they? And Detroit would play Nashville.
    If top-seed Vancouver wins, they would play Nashville, since Nashville would be the lowest seed, and Detroit would play San Jose. So, isn't the article below from today's News incorrect?
    I'm rooting for Chicago, either way, I guess, because I'd like to see Canada have a collective heart attack at seeing the Canucks lose what was seen as a sure thing after being up 3-0, and I think Nashville would be a [[slightly) easier opponent, with a lot less travel involved.

"Detroit could still find itself playing Chicago in the next round if the Blackhawks beat the Canucks."
    Last edited by Hardhat; April-26-11 at 10:49 AM. Reason: typo

That article had to have been written before San Jose won their series. The only way Detroit could have faced Chicago would have been if Chicago eliminated Vancouver and LA eliminated San Jose. This would have left Detroit as the highest seed playing Chicago, the lowest seed. But since San Jose won, the only way they could play Chicago now would be in the conference finals. Chalk it up to bad editing by the News.

Sirrealone is correct, the story was written before the LA game.
    I hate to say this but I have to root for Chicago tonight. I would rather face Nashville and get home ice and less travel time, plus I hate those 10:30 starts

Bring on da Sharks. Hawks should have won, but lacked the desperation they had in the previous 3 games and wasted one of the best goaltending performances in the playoffs by rookie Crawford. When they didn't score on the pp in ot, I knew they were toast. Habs/Bruins, Bolts/Pens more game sevens, this is great!

Los Angeles gave the Sharks fits. I see the Detroit team being that much more superior than a Kopitar less Kings. So I'm hoping that we'll just go out there and steal a game or two before coming back to the Joe next week.

Here we go boys!

Big game tonight. I'm picking Homer and Kronwall on really good games offensively. Also looking for Z to get some much needed action. And always a looming threat that Johan the Shark killer might make an appearance. In 5!

Go Wings!

If Detroit keeps the switch flipped, and the Minnows play like they did against LA, Im calling Wings in 4 or 5.
    Thank God there is only 1 later game thru the first 5, and that one is at 10pm

Wings sure sucked the last two games ,,O and 2, come on Wings, step up your game and show them your not the slow skating,, no defense, no offense kind of team you have been. Snap out of IT!!

Do they have the talent to do this? Yes

But will they?

Look forward to the next installment of hail mary hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Do they have the talent to do this? Yes

But will they?

Look forward to the next installment of hail mary hockey.
    Game seven? Here we come.

Win or lose game 7 , that was one heck of a comeback .

Either the Red Wings are going to win tonight or some bookies are going to loose some money....most betting sites I have read are giving the wings the edge.....I could be wrong.....Like Wingnatic says...Win or lose game 7....that was one heck of a comeback.

Tough loss, but very entertaining series. In the end it was one of our strengths, the PP, that let us down. Not only did we not score, but we gained no momentum from the PP. Full marks to the Sharks, they were under a lot of pressure in this game and found a way to win it. Sharks/Canucks should be a good one.

A lesson for next season ........ don't wait until the 4th game of a series to get it going because I think we could have beat these chumps

First and foremost: The people calling inot 97.1fm are pretty tough to listen to. Blaming Howard and our "lack" of dedfensive depth. Gimme a break. And no...... Nick will not come back @ 2 mil next year as a top 4 D. He deserves more. A 41 YO Norris nominee for petes sake.

Tough to lose Bert and Cleary in one very important game. Cleary may be concussed too. Saddest part is we gave them their first two goals - literally. But we had to earn ours the old fashioned way, and incredible goals they were. I think that was the difference throughout this series between two VERY strong minded, well coached and experienced teams. In the end, our lazy giveaways made the small difference to push the momentum towards the Sharks.
    Best players in this series: Howard, Datsyuk, Kronwall, Lidstrom and Helm. Many more deserve honorable mention. Fire Ericsson. Sorry. And throw away Hudler too. JMO

Hell of a series, and a season boys! Thanks for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    A lesson for next season ........ don't wait until the 4th game of a series to get it going because I think we could have beat these chumps
    Well, we could have won any of those first three games with one lucky bounce. At least Homer got to keep all his goals this time through.

Tough loss, but very entertaining series. In the end it was one of our strengths, the PP, that let us down. Not only did we not score, but we gained no momentum from the PP. Full marks to the Sharks, they were under a lot of pressure in this game and found a way to win it. Sharks/Canucks should be a good one.
    And certainly this too. Couldn't even establish the zone. Very unlike the team I have watched for a long time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast