Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What am I posting about? I was just trying to figure out the point of your post [[which i still can't figure out because it was all about white people's ignorance, but then in your next post say you don't care about that)

I'm not sure you and I are in agreement on the definition of the term "race card". you seem to be implying that playing the race card means doing something racially motivated [[ie, creating jim crow laws).

My interpretation of playing the race card means incorrectly blaming an event or action on racism. So like in my example, I wasn't hired because I wasn't qualified, yet I "played the race card" by claiming I didn't get hired just because I'm black.

I love that in it's first day, we have already sunk to this.

ccbatson Guest

Whoa? Detmsp seems to get it...conservative?

Awww hell....I guess it's time for CC to "run" the boards now....

ccbatson Guest

Meaning that I am here and active? So?

really love the ignore list, no retort...

Hmm, does dosee's grayed out name mean he is the first casualty of the new DYes?

interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Meaning that I am here and active? So?
    Wrap it up buddy

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dosee View Post
    detmsp,

What are you posting about?What does your post about some Black person applying for a GM CEO have to do with white folks inventing the 'RACE CARD"..BTW your shallow example referred to a Black applicant...

Let me reiterate so you can post some better retorts or posts that have some degree of logic..

In our nation white americans created the "RACE CARD" from slavery to segregation, jim crow era laws to disparate treatment and racial profiling the very idea that now a sub group of america i.e minorities.ie, Black Folks now play the "RACE CARD " is nonsense and lacks any logical or historical basis..

Yes Black Americans are racist,,Yes Black Americans are prejudice..No from my perspective have Black Americans created or invented the 'RACE CARD'..

Not please try again performing the act of being a Black apologist with more substance....Please step up
    Sometimes when people can't compete they need to give themdelves a crutch to explain their failures.

ccbatson Guest

Wrap what up?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Hmm, does dosee's grayed out name mean he is the first casualty of the new DYes?
    yup

Well well well...i see Dr,. Batson skipped sex ed while in school.....

Hey how do you go about getting one of those "race cards"? They sound useful, I looked on amazon and ebay and didn't see any listed. Is it like the AMEX black card that you can only get invited to have or is this thing purchasable?

Quote Originally Posted by SideLion View Post
    Because we are 145 years removed from slavery and 40 years removed from segregation. I had nothing to do with either, nor did my family, and for you to lump me in with people that did simply because of the color of my skin makes you as bad as the people responsible for those terrible times. In fact, it probably makes you worse because you have history to learn from and failed to take the lesson.
    Expecting me to take the blame for another person's actions is out of line and not going to happen. There are nations with black armies that rape, murder and maime other black men, women, and children. Should I judge you by their actions because of the color of your skin and the title, "African-American", even though you have no relation to those responsible? Should I play the "rapist/murderer" card on you because you happen to be black like those people, or would you rather I judge on on YOUR actions?

In some cultures that believe in blood feuds 145 years means absolutely nothing, its like yesterday, so in some respects you are being held to a similar standard.

Race card , racism means nothing to me on a individual basis but it means everything to me on an institutional basis, and thats where whites has have there advantages in this society. Individual statements of bigotry should be ignored, but most cases of racism in America affect "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happyness" and thats where I have problems. Blacks in very few instances control the institutions that have such an affect on peoples lives that they could be termed racist. Until institutional racism changes you will keep hearing the words race card and racism.

My question is what we are doing as individuals to change the paradigm to bring people together...not continue to rationalize why we "haven't" responisibility...what kind of world do we want our children to inherit? I personally recognize the past sins of humanity ...and work to try not to perpetuate those sins...I feel that one is pervasive and the is prejudice...and it is one of the toughest to overcome..when you have been victimized or perpetuated it by denying it exhists...
    Last edited by gibran; April-03-09 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling

ccbatson Guest

Check out true conservatives...race is not an issue in their ideology. Makes you wonder about your beloved liberals, doesn't it?

ccbatson Guest

Reagan...Romney is closest today.

Mitt seems to hang around in the same circle of friends as Bush, Dodd, Obama, and McCain. Birds of a feather flock together. Guess we know how Mitt would have voted on bankers' bailouts.-

Goldman Sachs $234,275
    Citigroup Inc $178,200
    Merrill Lynch $173,025
    Morgan Stanley $170,350
    Lehman Brothers $152,000
    UBS AG $123,350
    Bain Capital $123,150
    Bain & Co $121,475
    Marriott International $121,150
    Kirkland & Ellis $109,400
    Compuware Corp $103,550
    Credit Suisse Group $102,600
    Huron Consulting Group $102,050
    The Villages $102,000
    PricewaterhouseCoopers $92,250
    Affiliated Managers Group $82,112
    JPMorgan Chase & Co $79,700
    Cerberus Capital Management $78,950
    American Financial Group $78,350
    HIG Capital $71,675

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/co...&cid=N00000286

ccbatson Guest

He is "born again", and we don't have a clue how he would have voted on anything unless we ask him.

ccbatson Guest

Remember too that Reagan [[a former Democrat) was also "born again".

Anyone have a problem with somebody getting wise?

4real Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dosee View Post
    Why does the media always assume the Race Card is played by Blacks??
    Why???
    Can you point out an example of a major media always blaming blacks for throwing out the race card.

I usually see media NOT publishing the whole truth about all sorts of ilk.

ccbatson Guest

"Reagan revolution" one man a revolution made. Exceptional leadership and clarity as well as strong basic principles and ideology are the key ingredients.

Goldwater was another example. Other current examples? Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Thompson, Jindahl......buhbye crickets.

ccbatson Guest

Agreed, true conservative politicians are rare...but not extinct.

Fred Thompson, Giulliani [[closer now than a few years ago), Jeb Bush, Alan Keyes.

I don't think that we're likely to see another Bush in the White House, no matter if he is the best of the litter...

As for expecting a reply from the original poster of this thread, 4real... I wouldn't hold my breath. He's likely had his posting priveliges revoked [[he must not have read the rules).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast