Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

cheddar bob Guest

There's only so many defenses you can use for enslaving a whole group of people, building a whole nation on the backs of their free labor, and then treating them like second class people. Accusing them of using the race card is one.

I'm hoping that Obama's presidency will help change this race card crap.

dosee Guest

Default Race card games

I guess our AG Holder was correct we are a nation of racial cowards... I have recently moved to another Detroit Suburb and I am ovewhelmed sometimes at the level of contempt for Detroit and Black folks .

This region is truly wicked on this issue...Why??

lilpup Guest

Slavery has existed forever and still does.

There are people who actually do cry "racism" where none exists. They should stop.

Then there are those who are effectively [[very effectively) using the "Race Card" accusation to keep people from complaining about racist attitudes where they do exist. They should stop too.

Maybe we should call this latter thing the "Race Card Card"?

Quote Originally Posted by dosee View Post
    IThis region is truly wicked on this issue...Why??
    I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the factories brought huge numbers of African Americans to the area, while simultaneously bringing a huge number of poor European Americans from the deep south up here.

A landmark bill was passed 40 years ago, but that didn't stop segregation.

All sides need to get together and have meaningful dialogue about the issue of race and ethnicity in America.

I don't believe meaningful dialogue will occur on an internet forum. At least, it didn't work on the last version of this board!

Quote Originally Posted by alsodave View Post
    A landmark bill was passed 40 years ago, but that didn't stop segregation.
    Just because a bill was passed, sadly doesn't have any effect on the mentality of people. Ironically enough, the south integrated much better than the north did.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Just because a bill was passed, sadly doesn't have any effect on the mentality of people. Ironically enough, the south integrated much better than the north did.
    I'd be careful with statements like this. General surface appearances are sometimes deceiving.