Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Worse yet he's fighting with the wrong person. I love Detroit. I lived in the city for 10 years. I only moved out when my job loss forced me to move out of state. I've found a new job in the region and am currently looking for a place back in the city.

We however need to be honest about what's here. The city will not get new residents without crime going down, Schools getting better and city hall actually working for the people and business of the city.

Hamtown mike asked the question. Unfortunately, The answer is painfully obvious. There is no hope of the middle class, returning until those issues are fixed. It's the middle class we're after, They're the people who would truly appreciate and build up that nice home on a canal, Making Detroit the place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Worse yet he's fighting with the wrong person. I love Detroit. I lived in the city for 10 years. I only moved out when my job loss forced me to move out of state. I've found a new job in the region and am currently looking for a place back in the city.

We however need to be honest about what's here. The city will not get new residents without crime going down, Schools getting better and city hall actually working for the people and business of the city.

Hamtown mike asked the question. Unfortunately, The answer is painfully obvious. There is no hope of the middle class, returning until those issues are fixed. It's the middle class we're after, They're the people who would truly appreciate and build up that nice home on a canal, Making Detroit the place to be.
    You are right in every account of your arguement ndavies. Detroit schools are in shambles, the city services are a joke and the property taxes are ridiculous. No one in their right mind could argue with that.

Also if you are looking for a place to move to I hear the Vinton Building might be available... oh wait. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Also if you are looking for a place to move to I hear the Vinton Building might be available... oh wait. Sorry I couldn't resist.
    LOL, They can move right in, if they have about $6 Million needed to pay off the bank and finish the project.