Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Johnlodge, I have to tell you that I think you are one of the smartest, wittiest and most creative people on this forum. I think it's a shame when you use your many gifts to make fun of people for no reason. There are others on this forum that do that, but they don't have your wit and your creativity. You are truly super creative and super funny, and I hate to see you stoop to that level. You know that you pick at Stipes and pick at Stipes just because he dared to say that he missed your friend's posts, and it's so not necessary.

Now go ahead and make fun of me for saying this -- here or on your other forum, whichever you prefer.
    Jeff wasn't my friend, never met him. You must be thinking of someone else. Plus this is the only time I picked on Stipes, and he's probably a big boy and can take a little ribbing without DL to protect him all and all the other poor defenseless DYlings. The other forum I read is about aquarium hobbyists, and they probably aren't interested in hearing me make fun of you.

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/index.php
    Last edited by Johnlodge; July-30-10 at 06:18 PM. Reason: aquahobby.com plug

This is a really good thread.

agreed....

While many may not agree with the way the message was presented by the OP, I hate to admit from my first hand experience with both Oakland and Macomb counties, they certainly are biased. I am not making a blanket statement, but I have certainly been "exposed" to shenanigans on more than one occasion in both counties.

Geez, white people sure do hate to discuss race [[especially when a black person brings it up), it's like their Pandora box.

Well what I will say is black people do have an additional 3 [[or more) centuries of "reverse racism" to dish back at you, so get over it.

Well what I will say is black people do have an additional 3 [[or more) centuries of "reverse racism" to dish back at you
    So racism is justified?
    Interesting.

Papasito-

Exactly. That attitude [["it's payback time") is why this area is so fucked-up and people that convey that attitude are part of the problem, not the solution.

Two wrongs don't make anything right. Keep up the payback thing, and this place will always be viewed as living in the stone age.

All I can say to what 313 had to say is "fuck you".

Ravine Guest

I think 313 has a point, there, whether or not we, as individuals, agree.
    And, the originating poster went pretty far over-the-top, but so what? That was his/her opinion.
    Either we can change this forum [[and this society) for the better by honestly stating what we truly think & feel, or we can continue to bullshit each other by stumbling around in some kind of politically-correct daze-dance while the ugly truths about how we really feel fester under the surface and thereby do twice the damage that they would do if we would just fucking admit to how we really are and how we really feel.
    Which is why I think this forum would be better if left uncensored except in cases of truly libelous activity.
    Let everybody slap leather. If you can't take it, stay away.

Ravine-

I agree that he is entitled to his opinion, but when you put something out there like he did, I would guess you should be prepared for rebuttal.

Also, I have never skirted any of the issues with bullshit in ANY way, and have not only lived in the CoD but spend a majority of my volunteer time there now trying to do some good. I am sorely tired of this kind of rhetoric so I said my piece, which, since everyone else seems to be entitled to do, I felt I was too.

I concur with your opinion on this subject, but there is a growing movement well underway by everyone, black, white or whatever [[at least those I have come in contact with in the CoD), to change the way things are done and I have personally witnessed many who come from all over the region who are interested in going forward, not backward.

My point [[at least the one I was trying to make!) is that these types of blanket "us vs. them" statements are what continue to fuel this debate rather than began to heal those wounds that have existed for so long. It is also very discouraging to continue to think that the hard work that some of us are doing is so blantantly pushed to the side, with the intent that somehow we should expect at some point be "gotten back" at for our efforts.

I have read a LOT of what you have said and I do agree with your many good points and your general opinion, but I will not tolerate that "separatist" attitude and that "payback" or "get over it" kind of bullshit, and I am a bit suprised that you have sided with someone who so blatantly states that. I thought that you were better than that.

313, in my opinion only, was not providing the type of positive input necessary to go forward, and, with his post, clearly displayed the attitude that holds this region back like a boat anchor.

That is just my .02. Sorry if you felt I was out of line, but being a disparager is not what we need now. We have enough of those already. That "white guilt" shit doesn't work for me [[or many others who work so hard) AT ALL.

Ravine Guest

PlymouthRes, you may be somewhat gratified to hear that I do not think you were out of line, at all, I was not siding with 313, at all, and that I think the original poster was just shooting a tired old song, with monotonous lyrics, from an angry hip.
    All I am saying-- and if you have read a lot of my posts, you know that if I had more to say, I would bull right ahead and say it-- is that I encourage a more truly open debate. Having a more truly open debate means that we will hear/read some stuff that is totally devoid of merit, but in my view, having discourse wherein everyone steps too-lightly around that which they really mean to express is even "more devoid" [[!!) of merit.
    I say: Let's hear it, speak your mind, don't pussy-foot around. All of this Political Correctness is nothing more than untruthful bullshitting around, and it just drives us further away from getting the real problems ironed out.
    Much like when the American Nazi Party used to hold their little idiot rallies downtown. Let 'em have their say. It just reminded us of something we shouldn't forget: they weren't just racists, they were-- like almost all racists-- total fuckin' morons, as well.
    So cheer up, goddamit. I'm probably pretty much on your side, but for the fact that I wasn't taking a side, on this one, because I think the original complaint was simple-minded & banal to begin with.

Amen. Thanks for the input, Ravine!

The web is such a wonderful place. A troll posts an ignorant and rather immature rant and suddenly everybody runs in all different directions instead of letting it fall of the page and die.

Meanwhile, the troll is sitting back and grinning at all the attention he got while, no doubt, high-fifing himself in the mirror.

Default What suprise me the most.

All this is coming from Michigan.Growing up in the 1960's I heard,,seen alot of hate. I would have thought things up north would be ALOT better now days...
    Me,,I dont judge anyone of color,,but whats inside of themselves..We all wake up in the mornings,try to make a living, and make the best of the day...
    2010...Here in Ky. my area. It's not like the 1960's anymore...The factory I work at,,we all are one,,and we all bitch cause of the times,,but race,,we all joke,,cut up,,and we are all as one...We just try to survive in this shitty world we live in....I wish and pray others will take the motto that Berea Collage here in Ky. to heart. *God has made of one blood all peoples of the earth*....

Gnome.... please pass the popcorn....

Quote Originally Posted by pontiac4ever View Post
    A wise man once said "A person who represents himself has a fool for a client" and i learned today that no truer words were ever spoken.

You represented yourself? LOL Even the white man knows better than to step into a courtroom solo against a white woman. That is trouble waiting to happen . How many bucks did you save with that move? LOL
    Last edited by Red Devil; August-02-10 at 07:15 PM.

LodgeDodger Guest

Jesus wept.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Jesus wept.
    Only if he was slicing onion slivers into his popcorn. I figger that this sort of thing is nothing more than The Same Old Shit, to Jesus, and he probably stopped weeping about it even before the Gethsemane Incident.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3