Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Detroit will never vote for any man, woman, or child with an "R" behind their name. That being said, I think Snyder might make a good governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Detroit will never vote for any man, woman, or child with an "R" behind their name. That being said, I think Snyder might make a good governor.
    Though Snyder may have an "R" behind his name he has many democratic values, urban issues is the big one, Rick has said in almost every interview that I have seen him in that he is going to support regional transportation and the rebuilding of Detroit. While the "rebuilding" of Detroit is not an overnight issue, he is the only candidate, both on the Republican and Democratic side that has addressed Detroit's issues.

Rick is also the only candidate, Republican or Democrat, that has expressed concerns for our environment. I would have thought that a Democratic candidate of all people would have addressed this issue but they haven't. With that being said, I'm sure that Rick would also be a big supporter of urban farming.

I think that Rick Snyder would make a good governor for Detroit and Michigan. He seems very opptimistic even though Michigan has so many issues right now that seen impossible to fix. If you've noticed, Rick is the only candidate so far, excluding Tom George, that hasn't put out an attack ad. How many attacks ads have you seen Mike Cox put out so far?? That kind of political play truly disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller1 View Post
    Though Snyder may have an "R" behind his name he has many democratic values, urban issues is the big one, Rick has said in almost every interview that I have seen him in that he is going to support regional transportation and the rebuilding of Detroit. While the "rebuilding" of Detroit is not an overnight issue, he is the only candidate, both on the Republican and Democratic side that has addressed Detroit's issues.

Rick is also the only candidate, Republican or Democrat, that has expressed concerns for our environment. I would have thought that a Democratic candidate of all people would have addressed this issue but they haven't. With that being said, I'm sure that Rick would also be a big supporter of urban farming.

I think that Rick Snyder would make a good governor for Detroit and Michigan. He seems very opptimistic even though Michigan has so many issues right now that seen impossible to fix. If you've noticed, Rick is the only candidate so far, excluding Tom George, that hasn't put out an attack ad. How many attacks ads have you seen Mike Cox put out so far?? That kind of political play truly disgusts me.
    This is my assessment of Snyder too. I like the way he's taking the high road. The Republican base thinks he's a RINO, though, and he's polling well because of independents and crossover Dems. I'm wondering how well he'd work with Bing and the state legislature, and whether education would be a priority for him.