Turn the page. The last transmission rolled off the line yesterday ending the 90 year fling with this border city. Here's a view of the historic [[for Windsor anyways)Walker road plant that I have copied from AIW's Internationalmetropolis, along with a link to the post on the plant.

Attachment 7011

http://www.internationalmetropolis.com/?p=2296

Anyone else getting sick to death of these Auto giants abandonning the two cities that gave BIRTH to them??? If I were any of these places, and had to tighten the purse strings, I'd bring everything back home....not leave it.
Also of concern to me, is that is just one less customer for a struggling Essex Terminal Railway.....Canada's oldest shortline railroad at 108 years of age. As a matter of fact, their Engine house and old coaling tower are visible at the bottom left of the photo. Talk about convinience! I havn't seen their yard that full of cars in YEARS. Ford WEP is just out of view to the left, but you can see the test track, ETR pulls for them too. I certainly hope an industry moves in here instead of a bunch of building eaters. Having that railroad connecting Windsor to all points North America is attractive and its a massive facility. I've always wondered why Windsor hasn't pitched this plant to Locomotive builders. Anyone know if its big enough for an operation like that?

Anyways......To any of you onthis board affected by this, good luck to you.