OK... driving down I-94 in Macomb County between 12 Mile and 8 Mile I recently noticed that some brilliant roadway folks [[MDOT?) decided to put mile markers every 2/10ths of a mile or every 1,056 ft.

Before this change, mile markers were in 1 mile increments, and are usually found attached to the nearest freeway ligtht pole.

But in Macomb County they are now clamped [[and screwed) into the top of the concrete freeway barrier. And each tall thin marker tells you that you are on I-94 [[with the red/blue shield), what mile marker it is... and what two-tenths of a mile you are at [[0, 2, 4, 6, or 8).

What a stupid waste of taxpayer money!!!

Do we need to be reminded every 1000+ feet that we are on so and so interstate at a particular 2/10th of a mile??

So far I've only noticed this in Macomb County on I-94 [[once you pass into Wayne County it still shows the older version of the mile marker at every mile attached to a light pole.

Is this something new statewide? Or metrowide? Or just Macomb County?

Anyway... with the shortage of money to fix up the roadways... someone really has he gall to waste money on this nonesense.... wonder which politicians relative, friend, or political contributor is getting this signage contract?