Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I was at a small meeting with the GM's of a local radio and a local television station in 2005. The topic of the city leadership came up and then "the party" was mentioned as an example of the problematic leadership and immaturity. I was astounded and asked directly if it wasn't an urban myth. Both said that it did really happen and they said their newsrooms were jumping that night. Thier news directors were calling them, but could not run stories without party or hospital witnesses and those were not available. Also, neither broadcast station had the resources to put to investigation when the mayor publically denied the episode.

But I cannot believe that Cox was there. He was in the Prosecutor's office and not very well known to the Mayor. What DID probably happen is that Cox started his investigation of the party and when he met with the Mayor privately, the mayor revealed that he knew Cox was a married man having an affair: "I've got a problem and you've got a problem, so let's agree to let this drop..." Then Cox probably realized that he was always going to be vulnerable to his secret , so he revealed it on his own. But he can't reveal that he dropped that investigation that turned out to be so critical - and that's what Yatooma wants. All Cox has to say is that he did indeed short-circuit the investigation and Yatooma will be happy because his case can go forward. But an admission like that will ruin Cox now. It is indeed "gum on his shoe."

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    But I cannot believe that Cox was there. He was in the Prosecutor's office and not very well known to the Mayor.

The common link most people fail to note is that both Cox and Kwame were part of Ed McNamara's political machine. It wasn't Democratic or Republican, it was the Party of Big Daddy McNamara, and that explains how the two would have known one another.

I can't stand Mike Cox but I doubt he had a lap dance at the Manoogian for a couple of reasons.
    His accuser hasn't come back to swear under oath what he said was true and the primary is this next week. Those add up to a flunking a reasonable doubt test.
    This story does suggest someone is out to smear him. A pretty ham fisted attempt.
    I do think Cox didn't look too hard to find out about the party though. For whatever political reason, he decided the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy was best for him.
    How else can you explain his amateurish investigation?

"This story does suggest someone is out to smear him. A pretty ham fisted attempt"

It is more likely that this story is coincidental to the Primary. Yatooma has a court-ordered deadline of the end of the month to get all his discovery/depositions done. Yatooma needs to press Cox hard to concede that he didn't do a good investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    Miss Beatty is returning to town to give a deposition [[under oath) so it would be wise for her to tell the truth this time around if she knows something . I'm not sure what the questioning will be about , possibly the dozen or so charges that Kwame is now facing . Just for the hell of it they should throw in a few questions about the party lol hmmmmmm....... I wonder why Bernard and Carlitta are trying to get out of testimony ? lol
    Beatty is being deposed for the Yatooma case, so I imagine there will be questions about the party being asked. It'll be interesting to see if any of that deposition is made public. Hopefully Beatty is honest this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I'm not a Cox fan AT ALL but the term "Obamacare" is not his phrase. It is used by the supporters of the health care bill promoted and endorsed by the president. Not just those who detract from it.
    That's not how I remember it... And wiki backs me up on this for whatever that's worth... But "Obamacare" was always intended as a derisive term. Maybe recently some supporters have tried to embrace the term, but that's not how it started out.

ETA: Oh yeah, Cox stinks. He's either the dumbest political front runner in history, or he's panicking because someone is close to spilling the beans about some skeleton in his closet.

Yes
    Want to but not really
    Yes

Did Mike Cox attend the Manoogian Stripper Party?

YES he did. The mystery witness said so and 'its' going to prove it in court of law.

[quote=daddeeo;167574]I can't stand Mike Cox but I doubt he had a lap dance at the Manoogian for a couple of reasons.
    His accuser hasn't come back to swear under oath what he said was true and the primary is this next week. [quote]

Affidavits are typically signed by a notary public and the affiant swears that he/she is telling the truth in the affidavit.

Did you ever see a sleazier operator than Mike Cox? With that used-car salesman grin and Flintstones five-o-clock shadow? What a greasy throwback to the days when Ed McNamara reigned supreme. Does anybody like this sanctimonious, philandering hypocrite? A guy who allies himself with hysterical wingnuts, rails against health care reform [[not that I'm crazy about it, but, how is this his job?) but goes soft when its his duty to investigate Kwame's alleged party [[nobody who mattered was under oath). And then freaking out and getting his flak machine trained on one guy who says he was at the party? Jesus, what a freakin' cockswill -- and a moron to boot! If he is elected governor, here's a modest proposal: We should burn down Lansing before he can take office.

I share Detroitnerd's opinion of Cox. I watched him on TV lie about Gary Peters when they were both running for Att. Gen.. Cox accused Peters of not caring for women and children. Peters pointed out what he had done to benefit women and children. With his next response, Cox repeated his accusation. Unbelievable. That said, he would have to have been unbelievably stupid to go to a party thrown by KK. I think he's a weasel, but not a stupid one.

Cox was willing to lie to his wife. Why should anyone believe anything he says?

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Cox was willing to lie to his wife. Why should anyone believe anything he says?
    Because he is putting on a dog and pony show with his opposition to Obamacare. That should win him the support of the tea-bagger crowd.

What I don't understand is why is this witness' name and picture being shown all over the news??? I thought he wanted protection and was guaranteed such? How is this protecting him? It's going to ensure that no one else comes forward with any information because this is what they are afraid of. You promise them protection and then release all of their information including photos? This endangers not only the witness but his family!

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Beatty is being deposed for the Yatooma case, so I imagine there will be questions about the party being asked. It'll be interesting to see if any of that deposition is made public. Hopefully Beatty is honest this time.
    She might not have been there but she certainly would have heard about it and perhaps taken action as directed to cover up. The point will be her hearsay isn't evidence or allowable testimony plus she has to be immune from prosecution for any major transgression if you want the truth from her. I doubt she's interested in protecting any of the Kilpatrick clan merely for past personal connections now.

It would be neat if he lost on Tuesday and then Wednesday came out and just admitted he was at the party and was gaming everyone in order to get elected.

Also, it would be neat if IBM admitted helping the Nazis and BP shutdown all operations and sold off all assets to be donated and used for ecological purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Did you ever see a sleazier operator than Mike Cox? With that used-car salesman grin and Flintstones five-o-clock shadow? What a greasy throwback to the days when Ed McNamara reigned supreme. Does anybody like this sanctimonious, philandering hypocrite? A guy who allies himself with hysterical wingnuts, rails against health care reform [[not that I'm crazy about it, but, how is this his job?) but goes soft when its his duty to investigate Kwame's alleged party [[nobody who mattered was under oath). And then freaking out and getting his flak machine trained on one guy who says he was at the party? Jesus, what a freakin' cockswill -- and a moron to boot! If he is elected governor, here's a modest proposal: We should burn down Lansing before he can take office.
    I laughed my ass when I read this because you described Mike Cox to a "T"
    He does look like he would work either as a used car salesman or a shoe salesman.

Looks like panic mode... Indeed there are skeletons and 'ravens' about to burst out of several closets! With the federal cases pending I think Kilpatrick may roll some people in the clover... we shall soon see........
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    ETA: Oh yeah, Cox stinks. He's either the dumbest political front runner in history, or he's panicking because someone is close to spilling the beans about some skeleton in his closet.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-28-10 at 07:03 PM.

Whether he attended the party or not, his relationship with the former mayor may be his Achilles heal. Even if he makes it pass the primary, which I hope he doesn't, the news coverage about that party is going to follow him for a very long time.

Apparently, perception is everything in politics so, if it smells like feces then....

Stosh Guest

So maybe someone can tell me this. When was this party supposed to happen? Was it in the fall of 2002 like some have suggested? If so, it may have been after the election, which shoots down the argument that he was just a lowly assistant prosecutor in Wayne County. He may have been the attorney general elect.

He also ran for state office and lost previous to this run, I believe in 1998. Hardly the wallflower some make him out to be.

Giving the benefit of the doubt maybe the witness is confusing Mikes. The witness could have saw Kwame and Bernard Kilpatrick and he could have come across a White guy named Mike but instead of his last name being Cox it have been Duggan who is very friendly with Bernard which could have explained why a Mike was there that night getting a lap dance. Just a thought.

lilpup Guest

No explaining the private meeting/interview between Cox & KK during the party "investigation."

And why ARE these depositions for Yatooma sealed?
    Last edited by lilpup; July-28-10 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I laughed my ass when I read this because you described Mike Cox to a "T"
    He does look like he would work either as a used car salesman or a shoe salesman.
    I wouldn't hire him at Lucky Auto Sales!He gives off that weasel vibe,scum-ass may just win the Rep. primary.

Stosh Guest

I like this article by Debbie Schlussel. She's got a few good points.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/5067/...ick-leftovers/

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I like this article by Debbie Schlussel. She's got a few good points.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/5067/...ick-leftovers/
    Incredible reading, not that I agree with everything she says, she has some very VALID points. Thanks for posting
    Last edited by Just Amazed; July-29-10 at 09:55 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast