Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes, they're sunset clauses. Something for the constitutional convention?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingj View Post
    it depends on the enforcement. Last time i was in detroit i tied my alligator to a fire hydrant & the cops didn't do anything

lmbao......

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Remember the Great Church Spitting War of 1894? Started at Ste. Anne's, then the Methodist churches, soon every church was plagued. By the time it reached the synagogues, it was too late, the police had to use force to stop them. Awful days for the city. Heard the Nain Rouge was sighted just before.

I believe that a half hour into the Great Church Spitting War, Hines Drive was closed due to flooding!

Quote Originally Posted by DanFromDetroit View Post
    If you'd bother to try to understand my post instead of bashing me for "shooting [my] mouth off" you would have realized that I'm all for free speech. Maybe we should meet in a park full of kindergartners and tell each other how we truly feel - after all, it's protected [[ACLU approved) speech. My point was that maybe they should lobby for larger issues where they can do more good in protecting the rights of the oppressed. But don't let that stop you from getting all hot and bothered because I questioned the ACLU's great and powerful ideals.
    Sure, you're all for free speech. Just that you think that the No. 1 group pressing for free speech has lost its way because it protects unpopular speech. See, jurists, lawyers, scholars and other observers have noted for generations now that unpopular or controversial speech is the speech which most needs protecting. There are plenty of books at your local library that can help educate you about what free speech really means, and why unpopular speech is worth protecting. Maybe even one at the elementary school you attend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2