Quote Originally Posted by carlscomputers View Post
Fannie, I'm so sorry to hear about your family loss as a indirect result of the Riots, these are the statistics that don't make the papers or the news, but are no less tragic to those involved...
Thank You for sharing...
Thank you for your kind words. My dad went to his grave with the guilt. My grandparents got their car out of the car dealer where they had it to be checked over before the trip. The dealer claimed it was ready for the trip, even though they got it a day early. When they went down a hill on the interstate, about 20 minutes from their home, the car's steering did not work. The front wheels off the ground, they went off the road, about 50 feet down. Testing was done on the tires. They had less than 15 pounds of pressure. The car was impounded, then disappeared. My family had no way of going after the dealer. Another thing, my cousin was the attorney for the car dealer. That was his aunt, my grandma that died. One uncle never spoke to him again. One lesson I learned, I am very careful in life about a lot of things. Many of my dear relatives have passed on. Our family reunions after that tragedy, we appreciated each other even more. They never liked coming up here again from Maryland either.