I had to drive up North recently, and I noticed that the National City Bank sign high atop the National City Headquarters has been removed, and has apparently been gone for some time. The building, in the early evening was also completely dark, except for a single small light on an upper floor. I have driven by this building enough times to say that the lack of lights is out of the ordinary. Unlit, and with the sign removed, the building looks like the Renaissance Center used to, with no crown and shades of brown windows covering it's surface. Only rusty steel beams remain where the signs once were.

Despite the removal of the iconic sign, I have not seen a single comment or article about this. What's up? Are we going to be seeing a new sign and cleanup of the building's appearance? As it stands now, it looks... vacant. Although I am usually somewhat critical of Troy and focus on the City, this is among the first notable Detroit landmarks to visitors from the North, and right now it's a welcoming sign that says that you have now entered an abandoned and blighted city.