Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What was the "lazy rivers"...
    Lazy river was a pool-like "river" pool that wrapped around the lower level. Some waterparks have them. You really can't swim in them, just float on a raft around. I never thought it fit that place, being on a university campus.

Ugh, you mean like the kind kids get into... oh I want no part of that when I swim... I want a real pool or nothing. That sounds downright stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Lazy river was a pool-like "river" pool that wrapped around the lower level. Some waterparks have them. You really can't swim in them, just float on a raft around. I never thought it fit that place, being on a university campus.

Yeah I went there during a promotional some years back... they provide towels... private shower stalls. It is too high for me to afford even though they have discounts if you work for the city and certain entities or he hospital. Nice place though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    Yea, Henry Ford Fitness works is great facility.

My company did a job there a few years ago and put all the televisions on the treadmills. They wouldn't let us work during the day, I remember the only time they would let us in there was between midnight and 4AM.

Thanks for the detailed information...
    Quote Originally Posted by tahleel View Post
    The RFC is great! Its a pretty non judgmental facility. They have all the machines you would need. The free weights are downstairs. There is a separate women only work out area. The showers are enclosed so it provides privacy. Also, you can sign up to take some of the classes for free. [[Ask at the front desk). As far as the lockers, use common sense and bring your own lock; no-one is walking around with bolt cutters.There are small lockers upstairs in-view if you feel like it would be safer. Whenever I go, I pack lightly [[keys, phone, driver's license and OneCard). I graduated, but still pay to use their facilities because its a pretty good bang for the buck.

-Tahleel

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Ugh, you mean like the kind kids get into... oh I want no part of that when I swim... I want a real pool or nothing. That sounds downright stupid.
    Right. And perhaps it was all part of the push to get students and young families living on/near campus. I thought Irvin Reid did a tremendous job, but this was fairly bizarre, and ultimately I'm guessing that the kid factor was a big reason they got rid of it relatively quickly.

Bally Fitness in bloomfield is a decent gym for weightlifting, and it's independent from the other Bally's so it doesn't have the ridiculous rules some of the large chains have. Very laid back, few rules. I enjoyed a summer there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2