Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Best Fitness Centers In Metro Detroit

Well basically, as of late I've grown fairly out of shape and I'm in the market to find a reasonably priced, well equipped and friendly gym. I would hate to spend money in something I may end up hating.

I've pretty much heard mixed reviews about the downtown YMCA. Their atmopshere may seem friendlier, no contract is necessary and the price may not be bad, but parking would be an issue and I hear it's not as well equipped as a 24-hour gym. I've also heard mixed reviews about the 24-hour fitness centers. While most of them are reasonably priced and well equipped, the atmosphere isn't quite as friendly as you would find at the YMCA, they may force you into a contract and they tend to be much busier during peak times.

So I guess my question is where would DYES members recommend the best place to complete your daily or weekly exercises? For me, locaiton isn't that big of an issue [[southern half or Oakland/Macomb County and northern half of Wayne County), but exburban fitness centers [[I.E. Canton, Shelby Township, Rochester Hills, Wixom, etc.) are out of the question
    Last edited by 313WX; July-22-10 at 10:12 AM.