Do complain... the higher up the better, with times, dates and staff details. Sounds like a nice scene. Sounds like the need a customer service disinfecting..... who needs ALL THAT NOISE...? When paying for a service. What is parking like for that place? Parking is a big turn off for me to want to do ANYTHING downtown...
Quote Originally Posted by iddude313 View Post
I'm so-so on the Boll Y downtown.
It is nice, close to me and very cool but the customer service is lax.

When I inquired about membership I was told that I would not be billed monthly so that I could pay it with a check or credit card, but rather my credit card would be auto-billed monthly.
And that if I decided to cancel my membership, that my card would be billed a $200 cancellation fee.
But that if I paid in cash in full, I would not be bound by this condition.
I had reservations about this but my girlfriend really wanted to join.
So I went to the atm and paid in cash some $700 odd bucks up front.
The membership lady welcomed us, gave me a copy of our one year Y membership and told us that we had 6 guest passes each.
So when my good friend was in town, I brought him in as a guest to show him how awesome the Y was.

As I checked in I said that I had a visiting guest.
I was asked to present a guest pass.
I explained that I never was given any physical guest passes.
So I sweet talked the girl at the counter and she let my friend enter after photocopying his Florida drivers license.

Then I was told that my friend had 30 days to use up two remaining visits.
I explained that I was told I had 6 guest passes to use within the year.
She said "No". That me and my girlfriend had 2 passes between us with 3 visits each.
And that once a guest pass was "activated", they had 30 days to use the other two remaining visits.
And that if my guest did not use those visits, that they would expire.
And that I could not transfer the remaining visits to another guest.
I also explained that this was fresh news to me and that nowhere in my signed contract was this noted.
The girl said I had to speak with the person in charge of membership about that.
I let it go and I worked out with my friend.

So I called the next day to explain/clarify the details with the lady who was in charge of memberships and who had signed me up.
She said that she had in fact explained everything to me and that I had in fact received these guest passes.
She also said that I was not understanding the agreement I signed.
I explained that this condition was nowhere noted in my signed contract [[which I had a copy and had looked over before calling).
I explained to her that I was not given any guest passes and that what she was telling me now, was not what she had previously told me.
So she then said that I was twisting her words and that in fact she was kind enough to give me a discount on my membership [[which was news to me).
She then yelled at me that I was "being petty" and that I needed to "stop bothering" her because she did me a huge favor by signing me up and that she was busy and had more important things to do.
And she hung up the phone!!
And when I called her back she hung up again!!!

I let it go but I fumed for a several weeks.
When my membership was going to expire in a few weeks, I asked at the counter about renewing was told to speak with the membership lady or come in during the day when she was there.
I work during the day every day so I could only get down there in the evenings.

So I called several times over the next few days to speak with the membership lady.
I called several times and spoke with the staff and left my number and info.
I said that I wanted to renew my membership and that if someone, anyone could call me back that would be great.
Whenever I asked to speak with the membership girl, I was told she was off that day, or was in a meeting or was at lunch.
Nobody ever called me back.
So I let my membership expire based on principle.

But that's just my singular experience.
I really loved using the gym and I was even involved with the construction/design of the place!
So it perplexes me that I would be treated in such a way.
Maybe I should complain to the higher ups there.
But I'm just so dang pissed.

I hope everyone else had/has a much better experience.