Hi everyone,

I'm part of a team of U of T students organizing a field trip to Detroit [[August 30th to September 2nd) for our second year Masters of Science in Planning class. Around twenty-five of us will be coming from Toronto to learn from people intent on changing Detroit for the better.

An amazing PhD student, who is very familiar with Detroit through both on the ground experience and academic research, has set an itinerary for the learning components of the trip; others are taking care of travel and accomodation arrangements. What I need to figure out is how to spend our evenings...

How would you suggest a group of twenty or so mostly twenty something year olds spend the evenings in and/or around Detroit
for the nights of Monday August 30th, Tuesday the 31st and Wednesday September 1st?

I have some good preliminary ideas from browsing this forum... Barbeque night at Belle Isle [[any night), Byte This! Poetry and Slam Series at Cliff Bells [[Monday) and maybe a pub night at Park Bar [[any night?)... but I'd love to hear more!

Here are a few perameters:
1) We have vehicles, but would prefer to stay in or within a few miles of the core
2) We value local flavor, culture and feel
3) Not a lot of money to spend

Fire away!

Thanks in advance!