Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

That's the 4th crooked Detroit Police Chief in 35 years to be tossed out by the mayor for violating its chain of command.

Seems like everyone in Detroit's political circle is crooked. Bottom line is morals have been tossed out the window it seems by everyone who has a prominent position in the City of Detroit.

Buy American Guest

"I'm not really surprised. ... Detroit doesn't accept outsiders that well.
    The next chief should be someone who has the respect of the troops and who has the respect of the people and try to move the department forward.
    -- Councilman Kwame Kenyatta"

What the hell is Kenyatta talking about? Evans is a Detroit resident, was a Detroit cop, was Wayne County Sheriff and former Wayne County Prosecutor. How much more Detroit does Kenyatta want? This talk about "outsiders" really has me riled....maybe if some so-called "outsiders" [[and we all know what Kenyatta is talking about) were running Detroit shit wouldn't happen and the City would run like a well-oiled machine.

Oh god..... I'm not sure which is more embarrassing: his ego, or his incredibly bad acting.

Any truth to the rumor that the current interim Chief was part of Kwhyme's security detail?! Someone just told me he was the HEAD of it at one point...but I don't have time to check into it today.

Wow. The guy who produced the horrible promotional tape also happened to produce.....
    [[drum-roll, please)

...The Jerry Springer Show! Also the Steve Wilkos Show [[he was that thug bouncer from the Jerry Springer show). Very classy, Warren. All of your detective instinct didn't tell you that might be a poor move?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Any truth to the rumor that the current interim Chief was part of Kwhyme's security detail?! Someone just told me he was the HEAD of it at one point...but I don't have time to check into it today.
    FROM THE FREE PRESS:

"Ralph Godbee

Education: Associate's degree from Wayne County Community College District, 2000; bachelor's degree in criminal justice/law enforcement administration from Siena Heights University, 2000; master's degree from Siena Heights University, 2006
    Experience: Joined the Detroit Police Department in 1987; promoted to rank of sergeant and assigned as commanding officer of the Executive Protection Unit in 1995; promoted to the rank of lieutenant and assigned commanding officer of the recruiting unit in 1999; assigned as the acting commander of the First Precinct and was, subsequently, appointed to the rank of inspector and then to the rank of commander assigned to oversee the Ninth Precinct in 2002; promoted to deputy chief in 2005; named assistant chief in 2007; retired from the department in September 2008 to pursue a career in consulting; rehired July 2009 as the assistant chief of administrative portfolio.
    Personal: One daughter; wife Yolanda Godbee"

Thanks, Buy. Seems some are a bit over-reactive to ANY mention of the EPU nowadays.

He was Archer's man.

I've been hearing about some quiet backroom stuff Archer's been doing with Bing, so my opinion of Bing has been improving a bit.

DetroitUncovered seems solidly unopinionated over Godbee.

James Barron must be laughing his ass off about now. And who can blame him?

As I watched some of the footage this a.m. on Channel 7, I had a number of thoughts. First, that the video was FUNNY....not threatening or whatever he was tryimng to portray, almost a spoof! Then I thought, how very inappropriate and unprofessional for him to make such a thing. Nothing but an embarassing lot of chest thumping, testosterone filled bullshit. And from our police chief yet. Unbeleivable. How could he think that was a good idea.? And, once again, Detroit is made a laughing stock.

I think the video was great but I don't live in Detroit so my opinion doesn't count. If he's really doing all he says he is then great. If the video is just him touting himself then good riddance.
    I still always thought he had his head on right though.

5. The ranks need thinning. Way too many Deputy Chiefs and Commanders. I have to laugh today on how they all have uniforms comparable to a Bolivian Admiral. Grunts are needed, not pretty boys with stars on their shoulders.
    I was still working at BI radio when they got the epulats [[spelling). My thinking exactly about a Bolivian Admiral.
    I think that was brought in by that Irish Chief, McKinnon! I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    "I'm not really surprised. ... Detroit doesn't accept outsiders that well.
    The next chief should be someone who has the respect of the troops and who has the respect of the people and try to move the department forward.
    -- Councilman Kwame Kenyatta"

What the hell is Kenyatta talking about? Evans is a Detroit resident, was a Detroit cop, was Wayne County Sheriff and former Wayne County Prosecutor. How much more Detroit does Kenyatta want? This talk about "outsiders" really has me riled....maybe if some so-called "outsiders" [[and we all know what Kenyatta is talking about) were running Detroit shit wouldn't happen and the City would run like a well-oiled machine.
    What the hell are you talking about? Wrong, wrong and wrong.
    Evans has a condo in 1300 Layafette that he pays $1.00 a year for [[Nice, eh?). Just a coincidence that when he was Sheffif the DDOT Squad was ordered to do around the clock security checks at 1300, right?. He owns a horse farm that he paid $400k CASH for [[how did he do that?) and a $200k house in Grosse Pointe Park.
    Evans was never a Detroit PO, he couldn't meet the height requirement - That is why he became a WCS. He is NOT a certified Police Officer, so all his running around with a gun "arresting" people was B.S. Ever see the photo of him pointing his gun at his chin during one of his photo ops? LMAO!
    He never was a "Wayne County Prosecutor"; he worked in the Prosecutors Office where we was universally despised.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010072.../7220383/1318/

This is the article my source was referring to earlier...there IS some murky mire under this man's shoes...hope he doesn't track it all over the place. We've enough mess to clean up...

If he resigned when demoted, he is NOT an asset to the department. He only came back when another of the cronies was brought to the helm. Thumbs down for Godbee as Chief.

There's a height requirement? How did Godbee get in then? I'm pretty sure Evans is taller than Godbee.

Ct,

Good stuff there.

I only saw him in person once, while touring the then-newly-reopened Book Cadillac. Our tour was a non-standard one, and we kept bumping into his entourage. I was amazed at how small he actually was in person. [[and this mere weeks after I called him the Sheriff of Guttingham here...heh)

Cheers

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Wrong, wrong and wrong.
    Evans has a condo in 1300 Layafette that he pays $1.00 a year for [[Nice, eh?). Just a coincidence that when he was Sheffif the DDOT Squad was ordered to do around the clock security checks at 1300, right?. He owns a horse farm that he paid $400k CASH for [[how did he do that?) and a $200k house in Grosse Pointe Park.
    Evans was never a Detroit PO,[[I stand corrected, he was a Wayne county Sheriff) he couldn't meet the height requirement - That is why he became a WCS. He is NOT a certified Police Officer, so all his running around with a gun "arresting" people was B.S. Ever see the photo of him pointing his gun at his chin during one of his photo ops? LMAO!
    He never was a "Wayne County Prosecutor"; he worked in the Prosecutors Office where we was universally despised.
    "Evans joined the Sheriff’s Office in 1970 as an officer assigned to the Wayne County jail, but quickly moved up in assignments and rank. To this day he holds the distinction of being both the youngest Sergeant [[26) and Lieutenant [[28) in the Office’s history and eventually holding the rank of Undersheriff to then Sheriff Robert A. Ficano.
    Evans returned to County government after a few years in the private sector, serving as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in the capacity of Chief of Special Operations at the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office from 2000-2002. There, he oversaw police shootings investigations, major drug prosecutions, auto theft investigations, juvenile cases, and the forfeiture of seized drug houses.
    Evans was appointed Sheriff in January of 2003 and was elected to that office in 2005. As Sheriff, Evans has instituted a number of programs that have helped reduce the rate of violent crime in the city of Detroit, including a countywide fugitive apprehension team that has arrested more than 13,000 fugitive felons and a one-of-a-kind unit that conducts unannounced visits to the homes of parolees and probationers to make sure they are complying with the conditions of their supervised release. Evans also has emerged as a leader in the effort to pull together law enforcement agencies across the region for cooperative efforts to address crimes that cross city and county lines.
    Evans has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Science, Master of Arts degree in Criminal Justice and Juris Doctor degree from the Detroit College of Law. A member of the State Bar of Michigan for 20 years, Evans is also licensed to practice law in Washington D.C. and has been sworn in to practice before the United States Supreme Court as a member of the Supreme Court Bar. Evans has always made it a priority to share his knowledge and experience by teaching criminal justice courses. He taught for over 18 years at Wayne County Community College District and currently teaches at the University of Michigan – Dearborn.
    Evans still lives in Detroit and is the father of two daughters and has three granddaughters. In his spare time, Evans loves to tinker with his hotrods, play golf and ride and train horses."

Warren Evans has a very distinguished record and I'm sorry to see him go. He let the cameras get the best of him and it certainly clouded his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Seems like everyone in Detroit's political circle is crooked. Bottom line is morals have been tossed out the window it seems by everyone who has a prominent position in the City of Detroit.

You're just now realizing that? The city's been crooked for as long as I can remember. Despite all you've heard about Chicago, it could never be as crooked as Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Warren Evans has a very distinguished record

Warren? Is that you?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Warren? Is that you?
    Ya gotta give credit where it's due.

I wasn't familiar with the university mentioned so I did a bit of research. Here is what its website does NOT say about accreditation. Reads like a diploma mill to me, especially graduating from WC3 and Siena the same year. Most accredited schools say so clearly and proudly. http://www.sienaheights.edu/aboutus.aspx
    "Accreditation and Association
    Siena Heights University is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools: The Higher Learning Commission, [[30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602, 312-263-0456) and holds membership in the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities, the Michigan Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Michigan, the Michigan Colleges Foundation [[MCF), the Council of Independent Colleges, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, the Council on Social Work Education, the Council for Opportunity in Education, the Association of Governing Boards, the National Association of College and University Business Officers, and the Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Association. The University is authorized to prepare students for teacher certification in Michigan and other states. Upon request, students may review University accreditation at the office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, Sacred Heart Hall, Room 202, on the Adrian campus."

Was anybody else who saw pictures of Evan's DPD girlfriend a little creeped out at how she bears more than just a passing resemblance to his former wife, Ella Bully Cummings?

Warren Evans' spokesman John Roach ousted.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010072...n-Roach-ousted

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie68 View Post
    I wasn't familiar with the university mentioned so I did a bit of research.
    Just because YOU haven't heard of it doesn't make it a diploma mill. It's a small, well-established [[almost 100 years old) Catholic school in Adrian. It IS accredited - that's what the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools does. Sienna Heights is a hell of a lot more worthy than WC3.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast