Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moetown View Post
    Ray it looks like it was a no show job. All vacation to do reality shows and mug for the camera's then just show up for the press conferences.
    Well, if I did take the job......
    1. Complete the change back to precincts. I think probably eight would do the job; four west side and four east side.

2. Find money [[hah!) to refurbish 1300 Beaubien instead of blowing a wad on the MGM. I'd start by sandblasting the sooty exterior.

3. Closely analyze all the specialized units, shutting down wasted manpower. Put as much manpower as possible back on the streets in ordinary patrol. That includes ending the mini-station concept. Wasted manpower.

4. I'd crusade to make all marijuana sales/possession/etc. matters either a low misdemeanor or a ticketable offense. While I am dead set against legalizing it, too much manpower is tied up on Mickey Mouse arrests. The heavy stuff would continue to go the max on prosecution. [[I have never used MJ, do not support its usage, and never will. So there.)

5. The ranks need thinning. Way too many Deputy Chiefs and Commanders. I have to laugh today on how they all have uniforms comparable to a Bolivian Admiral. Grunts are needed, not pretty boys with stars on their shoulders.

6. On the other hand, sufficient staffing in the Sergeant and Lieutenant ranks are a must. Good supervision is a necessity to a good department, and those middle ranks have suffered in recent years.

7. Nope, it wouldn't be a no-show job for me. It actually would be a 24/7 job, available at any time. And I'd be the only Chief in the history of policing that would turn down a department issued automobile. Just give me my old Harley back..........

Post Script: The remaining items on the federal matter of DPD compliance would be distributed among whatever brass I had left. Each commander would be responsible for bringing their assigned mandates into compliance. Regular and intensive meetings with them would take place to ensure of getting that albatross off the DPD's neck.
    Last edited by Ray1936; July-21-10 at 06:24 PM.

Another example of notables and potables [[aka the Detroit click & tick) in high ranking positions to serve the citizens like Kilpatrick pledged to do... Who always have their own agenda in sight, full center of what they do; ever poised for the next better deal...
    Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    He liked to toot his own horn. When there was bad publicity, like that A and E photo shoot where a little girl was shot dead, he wouldn't give a press conference. His underlings did. I know he was on vacation, but would not give interviews on the phone either. He should have been back within hours, took his time making a statement.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-21-10 at 08:10 PM.

The resignation came the same day as a TV station, WXYZ-TV Channel 7, aired part of a six-minute video that Evans used to pitch a reality show about himself. The tape and Evans' pitch to TV studios about a show called "The Chief" were first reported in May by The Detroit News. The clip showed Evans as "gripping a semi-automatic rifle, standing in front of crumbling Michigan Central Depot, staring down a camera and declaring that he'll do whatever it takes to take his city back from crime," The News reported in May.
    Jesus.

Why do people have to be such attention whores? Just shut up, go to work and do your job like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalHalf View Post
    After watching that video, I'm left stunned. The chief of police, willing to pimp him out for a reality show. Quite sad that Warren Evans wanted to make his position a comical joke. I have to give Bing the thumbs up for canceling this piece of trash. Warren Evans lost his job because he was not chief material.

Another instance of the glamorization of violence, capitalized on by no less than the chief of police. Makes you not want to wonder out loud about the state of moral decrepitude. These are the kind of self-promotional antics you will be able to count on for a good long while. Dog Bless!

@Ray1936:

I need your address, I'm sending you a one way ticket to Detroit! I agree with all you've said!

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    After watching that video, I'm left stunned. The chief of police, willing to pimp him out for a reality show. Quite sad that Warren Evans wanted to make his position a comical joke. I have to give Bing the thumbs up for canceling this piece of trash. Warren Evans lost his job because he was not chief material.
    I wonder who paid for all of this?

i have a friend who was a wayne county deputy with the rank of sargent. she just retired after 30 years of service. when she worked under him, the only word i heard outta her mouth was what a prick he was.

They canned him because in the video he spoke the truth....as they say in the movie...."You can't handle the truth"

Warren trying to look like a bad ass just looks like a dumb ass.

In the meantime crime continues... the stuff we here on the news and the other crimes unreported.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChievous View Post
    @Ray1936:

I need your address, I'm sending you a one way ticket to Detroit! I agree with all you've said!
    Aw, I just said what I'd do. I'm too happy being retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Well, Ray, I hope that the new chief incorporates some of those ideas of yours. They make a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Now channel 7 is saying there might be a girl friend who is an DPD officer as well.

Thats a real morale buster and a terrible conflict.

Mayor Bing, I felt treated the last police chief really badly, so I guess its what goes around comes around
    Evans has been involved for awhile with a younger female lieutenant. They were interviewed at the Charity Preview for the Auto Show. She's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Evans has been involved for awhile with a younger female lieutenant. They were interviewed at the Charity Preview for the Auto Show. She's hot.
    Wonder if she drops him. Goes for new higher up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moetown View Post
    Ray it looks like it was a no show job. All vacation to do reality shows and mug for the camera's then just show up for the press conferences.

Aw, come on Ray, I'm sure many of us here at DY would lobby for you at city hall!

Hell, given the track record of some of our most recent chiefs, you could probably do a better job from NV than these clowns have done from 1300!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    What would it take to persuade you to make a comeback?

Detroit needs folks like Ray1936 to not only stear the coarse, but actually implement the changes that are needed for the DPD.

I hope Bing does a serious national search. The last national search I recall unearthed Connie Calloway to run DPS. If the best candidate is black, great. If not, hire them anyways. Chief of Police is too important a position to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Detroit needs folks like Ray1936 to not only stear the coarse, but actually implement the changes that are needed for the DPD.
    Stear the coarse? Sounds like a rough thing to do. Tee-hee

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    I hope Bing does a serious national search. The last national search I recall unearthed Connie Calloway to run DPS. If the best candidate is black, great. If not, hire them anyways. Chief of Police is too important a position to do otherwise.
    I agree. I don't care what color is the chief as long as they get a good man or woman who can turn the DPD into a respectful unit that can patrol the streets and do a good job.

I agree. I don't care what color is the chief as long as they get a good man or woman who can turn the DPD into a respectful unit that can patrol the streets and do a good job.
    Don't kid yourself, as long as Detroit is majority black, there will never be a white police chief.

White police officers are seen too much, as a hostile, invading army, regardless of where they live.

Why did you burst my post-racial balloon?

I know you are right but we have to become open-minded.

As much as I think Warren Evans was a triple dipping public servant - two pensions from the County - an owner of a [[former?) blind pig and in general a Napolian-sized egoistra; he is the only Chief who hasn't sugar-coated the problems we are facing.

Think back to all the clowns we've had in that office who have told us with a straight face that everything was in control, that there was not a systemic problem on the streets or in the crime lab, or anywhere else. Warren Evans was a bit of a grand stander, so what? At least he told us the truth we all knew: we're living in Gangster Paradise.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast