Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Wow, I have a Stan...
    Yes, I'm stalking you. Because you barely ever post here, and I'd have to go out of my way to find an example of you rushing to defend Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Yes, I'm stalking you. Because you barely ever post here, and I'd have to go out of my way to find an example of you rushing to defend Detroit.
    Geez JL, I'm sorry your friend got banged on his head. I'm sorry that I don't think your friend's incident is reason enough to say that Detroit's entire bus system is unfit for human habitation. I'm sorry that I think "shit happens". And I'm sorry that you think I'm an asshole because "shit happens".

Can we be friends now?

Geez JL, I'm sorry your friend got banged on his head. I'm sorry that I don't think your friend's incident is reason enough to say that Detroit's entire bus system is unfit for human habitation. I'm sorry that I think "shit happens". And I'm sorry that you think I'm an asshole because "shit happens".

Can we be friends now?
    I see, you think I'm holding a grudge from another thread, and don't realize I'm just pointing out that you're exhibiting more knee-jerk defensiveness. Not that it could be possible that I noticed the trend over the course of the past near decade we've both been reading this forum.

Also, show me where I ever said the guy getting hit on the head = the entire bus system is unsafe. You can do it over on the relevant thread if you like. Other dummies did that, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    I see, you think I'm holding a grudge from another thread, and don't realize I'm just pointing out that you're exhibiting more knee-jerk defensiveness.
    Yeah, likely story.

Yeah, likely story.
    If nobody could argue with you again after arguing with you somewhere else, there'd be no posts on this entire forum.

DetroitDad Guest

Default I Apologize For Being Me....!?

Can we be friends now?
    Don't bother trying to explain things to them, or getting offended or apologetic. They're playing a completely different game. I don't even have to say it, or say anything bad about him/them. The post in the Armed Robery at Red Coat thread speaks volumes about his intentions.

Ha! Yeah, we should have lynch mobs. Very funny! That is so NOT what I was saying. There is such a thing as legalized executions [[currently available in 35 states) and corporal punishment [[currently available in many other countries, and quite effective, I might add).
    I am perfectly well aware that wasn't what you were saying, as should have been clear from what I wrote, and I didn't claim you said that. It appeared from what you wrote that you believe that more severe punishments would be an effective way to lower the crime rate. I was merely pointing out that there isn't much if any evidence for that in the context of the US judicial system, and without changing that system [[or going around it, by using extra-judicial punishments like lynching) changing the punishments isn't likely to accomplish much. That doesn't mean either of us support lynching.

Incidentally, you didn't suggest corporal punishment; you said
    hang people or chop off body parts.
    There are definitely arguments for corporal punishment, but it is still a punishment-side approach, and isn't likely to have much impact in isolation from changes to the rest of the criminal justice system.