Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Wow, Grande looks terrible. I've been in the Vanity several times and have more hope for it. But really I would be shocked if these 2 aren't eventually demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    The Grande and Vanity are both owned by ministers or churches.
    I don't want to just rip on a church or minister, but huh? It doesn't seem like they swooped in and rescued anything. It makes perfect sense for a church to own a community center of some kind, but this mess?

Hey, I have a lesson from business: focus on your core competencies, and leave the rest be or outsource it.

I loved the Grande. The pics break my heart.
    It was a golden venue, during a golden era.
    Special moments: Cream. Janis Joplin.... Joe Cocker, Sly & The Family Stone, and the Who, all on one bill. When Joe Cocker began to sing, the whole scene stopped for a moment.
    Psychedelic Stooges, MC5, Jagged Edge, SRC...
    Albert and B.B. King. James Cotton.
    Ask me tomorrow, and the list will expand and change...

Still waiting for a definition of "spare change"! I seldom had any...

Doe's anyone have any information on this inscription under a window on the Grande? It's on the Grand River West end.

Attachment 12269

Quote Originally Posted by Leo B View Post
    Wow I've been to that site and never found that page.
    Thank You very much!

Nice link !

Maybe a stupid question, but I wonder what the Grande Ballrooms phone number was? I have no idea why but things like that interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but I wonder what the Grande Ballrooms phone number was?
    Here's what it was, with a strong emphasis on 'was'...

Name:  grandephone.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  11.9 KB

Enthusiastic crowds at last night's sellout of two screenings of Louder than Love at the Detroit Film Theatre!!! We really enjoyed the film...so interesting...really nice job by Tony D'Annunzio and team!!!

Anyone else attend? or go to the party at The Majestic?

I finally registered just so I could comment about the Grande. Everyone talks about it's heyday in the 60's, but does anyone here remember it's heyday in the 50's? The Friday and Saturday night dances with all the great bands from the area.....Panchito, etc. Those were the days my friends.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3