I received my "Election Connection" newsletter, courtesy of Janice M. Winfrey, in my mail today. While perusing the ballot, I was annoyed [[but not surprised) to find the name of several has-beens, never-were's, religious figures, former city council and school board members listed. First of all, I'd love it if most of these people just got a full-time job instead of hopping around from one political position to the next when they either are voted out or never voted in in the first place. And secondly, I really wish the pastors would either just tend to their own flocks or step down from the leadership position in their churches if they are elected because I don't know how a person could hold two positions of power effectively. Just my two cents worth.

Anyway, here are people whose names I recognized:
Mary Waters [[of Sam Riddle fame)--1st district state senator
Mohammed Okdie [[believe he ran for city council last year)--3rd district state senator
Lisa Howze [[ditto)--2nd district state legislative rep
Alberta Tinsley Talabi [[former city council)--3rd district rep
Edgar Vann [[pastor)--4th district
Mary Sheffield [[connected to Horace Sheffield?)--4th district
C. Kofi-Akin Kenyatta [[connected to Kwame Kenyatta?)--5th distrct
Jimmy Womack [[former school board president)--7th district
Reggie Reg Davis [[ran for city council)--8th district
Stacy Pugh [[relation to Charles Pugh?)--10th district
Terrance Hood [[relation to Nicholas Hood?)--Wayne Co. Commisioner, 2nd district
Jai-Lee Dearing [[seems to have run for everything before)--4th distrct

and introducing one of Detroit's finest elected officials, former school board member
Reverend David Murray, 6th district [[remember, he changed his name to Reverend, I hope no church is actually foolish enough to let him lead them).

I'm sure there are others I may not have caught, if so, be sure to add them.