Great news: a new restaurant/bar/lounge, Ronin, is to open its doors in the Park Shelton building in Midtown, corner of Woodward Ave and E Kirby Street.

Just saw the sign yesterday. I'm not sure if this is the same Ronin as in Royal Oak, but I would assume so. This would mean that Ronin would join Wasabi [[next door) and Shangri-La [[Cass Ave) for our fine Asian dining options here in Midtown.

Other openings soon to come include Seva vegetarian cusine, on E Forest Ave and The Raw Cafe on Woodward at E Willis [[I mentioned this in a previous thread). Yay for eastern part of Midtown!! The latter seems like a for sure thing, but I haven't heard any details on the Seva at all.

Do you all think these openings having anything to do with the Midtown Loop? The eastern half is suppose to be finished this year. I think it may have something to do, but it might just have to do with the seemingly high demand for quality Asian cuisine, with new places opening recently. There has also been response to demand for BBQ, after the overwhelming success of Slows BBQ [[ if you didn't already know, Slows is expanding with a new location on Cass Ave). I think this shows how much potential there is here in central Detroit for new restaurants, and that businesses are just now responding to it, after seeing others cash in big time on the extremely short supply/high demand for good dining.