Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    A big problem with that synagogue is parking. At any of the suburban shuls in this area you park in their lot for free and walk in. I believe that is going to preclude the Downtown Synagogue from holding High Holiday services at that building, unless they work out that issue.

I'm aware of the former synagogue when they hold the High Holiday services now, on Woodward south of Clairmont. It was a very beautiful synagogue at one time. There is some parking there now, but the building is quite delipidated, the seating is very poor and the building lacks air conditioning.
    There’s a parking lot across the street, one across the alley, a parking garage at the south end of the block and plenty of street parking in the area. I don’t think parking is as big a problem as you think. The synagogue could work out a parking plan with one of the lots or the garage if it’s really that big of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    There’s a parking lot across the street, one across the alley, a parking garage at the south end of the block and plenty of street parking in the area. I don’t think parking is as big a problem as you think. The synagogue could work out a parking plan with one of the lots or the garage if it’s really that big of an issue.
    Right, I know there's plenty of pay parking lots in the area. I don't think that's going to work for the High Holiday services. I think the persons involved with that synagogue know that. There was some chatter about a plan with one of the lots in the area, not sure what happened with that idea.