Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Guess Ayanna will finally have to get a job! Oh, and Carlita too, because all of the friends with favors are about to dry up!
    I was wondering what happened with Ayanna's house being in foreclosure. Last I heard, it was going to sheriff's sale in July. Now with Mama taking "early retirement" things are getting even tougher. Looks like Kwame's the only one who doesn't have to worry about paying the bills. He's guaranteed to have a roof over his head for years to come.

LMAO MaxDetroit!
    I guess I shouldn't but that's too funny
    Last edited by trotwood; August-04-10 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    She stated this is her plan and a woman [[LP) stated she was going to fight against her at a council meeting where Ms. Watson had to calm [[LP) down . But LP I think does not live in JC's district. Anyway I do believe this will be her goal as Conyers is getting long in the tooth. Who knows in two years JC may want to retire.
    Ok, I'm curious. Who is LP?

Is Sharon McFail still waiting for those absentee votes to put Big Mamma over the top?
    I thought her interview on election night showed how delusional the whole bunch were to their fate.

Ah yes, Sharon mcFail, another Detroit self appointed institution who just won't walk away from the taxpayer trough.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDetroit View Post
    I was wondering what happened with Ayanna's house being in foreclosure. Last I heard, it was going to sheriff's sale in July. Now with Mama taking "early retirement" things are getting even tougher. Looks like Kwame's the only one who doesn't have to worry about paying the bills. He's guaranteed to have a roof over his head for years to come.
    Well, she's going to have to dress up that resume, because the last job she had as manager at the airport restaurant, a large amount of money came up missing under her watch, then her brother became Mayor and she quit under investigation. Then the case just kinda "disappeared", kinda like the Tamara Greene case.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Well, she's going to have to dress up that resume, because the last job she had as manager at the airport restaurant, a large amount of money came up missing under her watch . . .
    2.5 million turned up missing under her watch of the Kilpatrick Civic Fund also. That money [[donated for disadvantaged kids) isn't really "missing". It was spent by Kwame and his family and friends, used for luxury vacations, moving expenses, Escalades, etc. All tax-free! It's part of the federal charges against him.

Kilpatrick may have run the worst campaign ever. I'm sure she knew from the previous election that she would be in another dogfight. Considering the only reason she won the previous election was due the vote splitting. By not distancing herself from her ex-husband and son, she doomed her own campaign. All she had to due was give a couple of weak statements like "hate the sin, love the sinner", "I love my son by wrong is wrong" - anything to show or give the illusion that she understood the rule of law. I still would not have voted for her, but I may have given votes a reason to give her a second chance.

She should have learned from John Conyers who distanced himself from Monica quickly

What job did Carolyn C-K have before politics? She didn't get into office until the '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    What job did Carolyn C-K have before politics? She didn't get into office until the '90s.
    Teacher, but she's been in politics most of her adult life she had been a state rep since the late 70's before getting elected to Congress.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3