Hi all, please bare with me since this is all so confusing. In 2005 I purchased a Sony 50" Wega HD TV. Recently, I began to notice that these blue dots and a blue ribbon have showed up. They are best seen on the black screen but, if you look hard enough you can see them while watching a program. So, thinking that maybe there was a simple fix I googled this problem and OMG! The stuff that came up was amazing. This is obviously a big problem for all of us Sony owners and Sony themselves. I started reading some of the stuff and became overwhelmed with what's out there. I finally came across a page on facebook titled "I own a defective Sony tv". Seems that Sony has known from the beginning that their optical block is defective! So, even if you pay to repair the optical block they never fixed the initial problem. So, you are paying for a defective piece. Currently there are over 1,900 people on this page with the same problem. Sony is offering depending on the model different deals on replacement tv's. I just have a problem giving Sony more money for a tv that may just crap out after five years again. Not to mention I have already given them $3,000.00. I'm sure that I've left out information here but, I guess what I'm looking to do by posting this is twofold first to make people aware of this problem. Secondly, wondering if anyone already has this problem and what if anything you did? Sorry, about being so long winded. It's just frustrating!