From the food section of the New York Times
Balducci’s Makes a Quiet Exit From Manhattan
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/ny...r=1&ref=dining

so even though Zaccaro's suffered in overall business, price points mean everything. I remember the early days of the 20% going out of business sale...there were more people mid day than I ever saw at Zaccaro's during normal business. It appears this operation suffered from a disconnect with its "roots" and unlike other upscale markets in metro areas didn't react to changing tastes and the lack of unlimited disposable spending. Read...chipotle raspberry finishing sauce and Bottles of Tasmanian rainwater “captured from the purest skies on earth” .

As a lifelong Detroiter, I shop at Gratiot Central, Honey Bee, Holday in Royal Oak and the occasional visit to Meijer in Allen Park. Although I appreciate the ability to buy 6 oz of Demi Glace for a special recipe it isn't a daily purchase. I found myself using Zaccaro's for the quick staple or perpared side dish but not much else.

I recently view a picture of the Crystal Loft Bldg, shortly after the remodeling in the
1930's when Woodward was widened and guess what, it was a grocery store in the man floor space...so has anyone heard of a new venture taking that space over?