Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Movie?

IF a movie were made about KK and Crew, would anybody go see it????

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmanjim View Post
    It would have to be on main stream tv, for free. There is one other politician that was just as stupid as Kwame in the headlines. That Gov. Blago from Ill. I briefly forgot about that character. What these guys did was stupid. Both with giant egos and thought they would get away with it.

NOT, I'd not even watch the boot-leg version sold at the gas station ! Living it has been enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchmanjim View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-27-10 at 11:14 PM.

JB's right on target with this... RICO is a possibility and a reasonable outcome and consequence of the broad illegal "friends and family" hook-ups and enabling that define such. KK was careless and greedy. His schemes and cash siphonings were easy to trace. And many are going to "sing" the details to keep from going upstate with him...

He will do some "singing" too probably. Thus the "who's-who" list will grow. Especially non-family members. Those involved with Kilpatricks corruption will wish they'd manage without the hook-ups and favors. Especially seeing as how the money is probably long spent but the consequences are just winding up to bat.

KK's et al corruption born out of the boiler-plate "they-do-it-too" justification was bold-faced initially. Then when the heat came on KK spent the last months of his time as mayor doing a retroactive damage control, made harder when you had too many involved in the first place! The fallout of that for Detroit is evident NOW... as it could not be hidden forever.

That's was what all the late audits, fire sale land and asset sell offs, firings and yakity-yack lies were all about. It's something to be a working "stiff" in Detroit, trying to strive and do the right thing... It will be interesting to see the other 'STIFF' designation coming forth: [[Soon To be Indicted Friends and Family)!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Amazed View Post
    STIFF's
    [[copied from detroituncovered-John Bennett)
    Who's Next
    With the indictment of Kwame Kilpatrick on fraud and tax evasion charges the natural question is who's next. First of all the feds can't be done with Kwame Kilpatrick he should be indicted at some point for creating a culture of corruption or RICO as they call it. He could also be indicted for bribery related to activities by his dad which he allegedly condone or took part. Add to the list of STIFF's [[ Soon To be Indicted Friends and Family) his father Bernard Kilpatrick. The feds have him on video tape negotiating a payoff on behalf of his son Kwame Kilpatrick. Its been rumored for a long time that some well known clergy would go down along with other civic leaders. The biggest surprise would be Carolyn Cheeks-Kilpatrick, what does she know and when did she know it. That's apparently what the feds were seeking when they call her in twice for questioning, most recently last week. Did they buy her answers? But the biggest avalanche of STIFF's will come when Kwame Kilpatrick negotiates his deal to stay out of prison. The walls will come tumbling down.

This really could be a good summer
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-27-10 at 12:52 PM.

He won't sing. He has nothing to sing about. He's done nothing wrong.

Remember?

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    Ok, even I might be persuaded to believe that Karmanos owes the Kilpatrick's something, or they have something on him at this point

Yeah its called sweetheart deals in Detroit. Not a thug? OK Pete, he's the tooth fairy! 19 counts, just a misunderstanding of the law right Pete? What a collection of greasy, oily, slimeballs. Hey Pete, how many sales did KK close that required that upscale lifestyle you dished out? I hope Karmanos realizes how stupid that interview made him look.
    Last edited by dtrrman; June-27-10 at 09:31 PM.

I wish all the people [[Attorney Reed, Karmanos, Pr Guy Mike Paul, etc etc) would realize how stupid their statements are and how ridiculous they are. Honestly they are not doing Kwame any good. The majority of the people know by now that Kwame REALLY is a crook and all the statements they make are making them look dumber by the minute. Their statements are about as useless as the prosecution indicting an "empty glass of water".

Yeah, I keep forgetting -- What's up wid dat?.......................... !
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    He won't sing. He has nothing to sing about. He's done nothing wrong.

Remember?

Karmonos may beat a hasty retreat in the KK damage control department, lest he need to start his own damage control process.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrrman View Post
    Yeah its called sweetheart deals in Detroit. Not a thug? OK Pete, he's the tooth fairy! 19 counts, just a misunderstanding of the law right Pete? What a collection of greasy, oily, slimeballs. Hey Pete, how many sales did KK close that required that upscale lifestyle you dished out? I hope Karmanos realizes how stupid that interview made him look.

Earth to Pete, KK isn't in a position to return any favors anymore. You can cease kissing his @ss before you make more of a fool of yourself.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    Ok, even I might be persuaded to believe that Karmanos owes the Kilpatrick's something, or they have something on him at this point

Wow. It does make you think.

I still think that this is an investment to him, though. It is all about his mother and getting a medical software contract. With health care reform, and CCK on the Appropriations Committee, even a fraction of the billions and billions to be spent will be a huge return on what is perhaps a couple of million bucks Karmanos has spent assisting KK and funding political campaigns for the family. Can't put a price on his perpetually declining reputation, but Petey hitched himself to this wagon a long time ago and is playing the hand out.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Wow. It does make you think.

I still think that this is an investment to him, though. It is all about his mother and getting a medical software contract. With health care reform, and CCK on the Appropriations Committee, even a fraction of the billions and billions to be spent will be a huge return on what is perhaps a couple of million bucks Karmanos has spent assisting KK and funding political campaigns for the family. Can't put a price on his perpetually declining reputation, but Petey hitched himself to this wagon a long time ago and is playing the hand out.
    Absolutely, he has a ton of money invested in the Kilpatrick Crime Family, he will play it out to the bitter end no matter how big of a fool he looks like. It isn't about loyalty, its about $$$, always was and always has been. If it was mere loyalty, he would have chucked the big tuna over the side a long time ago.

Were Kwame & Christine high-school sweethearts? Or did Pete make that up?

They certainly went to high school together; they were my classmates. Whether or not they were sweethearts? I wasn't enough of a social butterfly in high school to know who was going out with who.

i note that Kilpatrick will be "unavailable" on July 8 for Yatooma-requested deposition - at least according to Kilpatrick attorney. Probably busy, so much to do, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    i note that Kilpatrick will be "unavailable" on July 8 for Yatooma-requested deposition - at least according to Kilpatrick attorney. Probably busy, so much to do, so little time.
    Probably embroidering MAYOR on his orange jumpsuit.

Then Karmanos added: "You just saw the 21st century version of a lynching, OK?"

Heh! Actually, I think we're witnessing a 21st century real-time Bible story.
    Try Luke 10:18 on for discernment of truth. Follow that with some Rene Girard on mimetic desire and the picture becomes clear for those who have eyes to see.

"Probably embroidering MAYOR on his orange jumpsuit"

Very good! And entirely plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by agirlintheD View Post
    Probably embroidering MAYOR on his orange jumpsuit.

lol.........

It was my understanding one of them had a crush on the other in high school, not sure which. Not sweethearts, though.

Default Carlita has moved out of Southlake.

No word where except to smaller home in Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. Looking forward to finding out more.

Gee that's terrible news, almost enough to wipe that big smirk off her face.

Bet it's not a gated community

See what you guys have done now? A hardworking couple are now split up with the husband/father in jail simply for having an affair. Now the wife and children are forced out of their home into the life of a common family. You guys should feel ashamed of yourselves for this.

FREE KWAME, FREE KWAME

Yes, he's free now because he cost too much before....

What did she do, get a job? Because last I heard there was no money and she has no income????

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast