Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16

Report: Kwame Kilpatrick Rejects Plea Deal

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is reportedly willing to take a gamble when it comes to prison time. Sources tell the Detroit News that Kilpatrick has rejected a plea deal in his federal racketeering conspiracy case. Sources tell the News the deal offered 15 years in prison in exchange for a guilty plea.

Kilpatrick, along with his father Bernard and co-defendants Bobby Ferguson and Victor Mercado are scheduled for trial this fall. The various charges in the case carry sentences ranging from three years in prison all the way up to 30 years.

See article....

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Report: Kwame Kilpatrick Rejects Plea Deal

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is reportedly willing to take a gamble when it comes to prison time. Sources tell the Detroit News that Kilpatrick has rejected a plea deal in his federal racketeering conspiracy case. Sources tell the News the deal offered 15 years in prison in exchange for a guilty plea.

Kilpatrick, along with his father Bernard and co-defendants Bobby Ferguson and Victor Mercado are scheduled for trial this fall. The various charges in the case carry sentences ranging from three years in prison all the way up to 30 years.
    I would roll the dice and take it to trial. I can't see that being a good deal for him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I would roll the dice and take it to trial. I can't see that being a good deal for him at all.
    It's definitely a roll of the dice, you're right about that. For the feds to offer a plea with a 15 year sentence, they must be confident they have a good case. And for Kwame to reject that plea, he must be confident he can beat it at trial.

Of course, given the fact that every decision that Kwame has made involving legal matters since he fired Gary Brown has only gotten him in further trouble, it's hard to be confident in his judgment.

Thirty with hard labor would not be enough!

Wise choice by the King of shame Kwamster
    Having him turn down the plea deal was the best thing that could have happen. Remember his over inflated ego and sense of entitlement to power has gotten him into this position. The more light that is publicly shown on his felony crimes detailing his transgressions against the people of the City of Detroit will ultimately seal his fate in history as a "three time loser" who will probable spend the next 20 years behind bars, at least he will have his Daddy there to keep him company. I think even those who remained in his corner up till the end who think he got one over on the man will eventually understand that the man he got was over on was them.

Enjoy your freedom KMalikK and thanks for the 3 ring circus of entertainment that You, Bobby F, Daddy K and the rest of the Apple Dumpling Gang [[reads - Bumbling Bafoons) will provide for us over the course of the federal trial because we know that taking the plea deal and biting the bullet to save the people of Detroit more $$ & embarrassment would be too much for you...plus your innocent right.....

didnt blago think he could get off too?

so the trial "begins" in september.. this is a federal trial, right, so cameras are not allowed in the courtrooms? Hopefully this will be the case. No need for local TV [[or national) to give daily updates, adding to the spectacle..

who is the presiding judge? Has he or she overseen a case of this scale/notoriety?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    so the trial "begins" in september.. this is a federal trial, right, so cameras are not allowed in the courtrooms? Hopefully this will be the case. No need for local TV [[or national) to give daily updates, adding to the spectacle..

who is the presiding judge? Has he or she overseen a case of this scale/notoriety?
    Don't worry, there will be thousands of artist's sketches available to see. And coverage equal to any for a trial around here. I for one am looking forward to it.

As to the judges, here's a list. Pick one. I can't see one that jumps out besides Feikins for some reason.

http://www.mied.uscourts.gov/judges/index.cfm?sort=dis

I heard Fishbone's is catering the trial.

Hmmmn.... and I'd heard it was White Castle. Cheaper by the sack with added sound affects afterwards. Someones drawers are going to be in a twist so might as well add to the fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    I heard Fishbone's is catering the trial.

SEC charges Kilpatrick over undisclosed perks:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...isclosed-perks

12. Default

This Thread is closed as the topic has evolved. Please start new threads on this topic as news and events warrant.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16