Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

I like your striaght up honest English.

That is really mean

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Because we don't like him. Never mind sentencing guidelines...

I was actually being sarcastic!

I don't participate in most of the talk about KMK. I just wish that entire era in Detroit history would end, and we could move on. KMK supporters and detractors will never see eye to eye.

Unfortunately I believe it's not over with charges for him. So because of one man, here comes yet another divided decade in divisive metro Detroit politics. Maybe we'll finally decide to be a region again in the 2020s...

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Because we don't like him. Never mind sentencing guidelines...
    Yep . Great answer. And that is true.

James Thomas wants YOU to pay for 2 more attorneys for KK. http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=12821393

Yeah let's make sure Kwame gets the best defense ever just like all the other poor souls out there. Too bad that there is going to be tons of evidence to wade through, Kwame gave them enough. But I say let justice be fair for Kwame. [[full sarcasm intended)

And now Kwame wants us to pay for his attorney? He's out of his mind.

KK Moved to a cushier crib.

Last Updated: July 20. 2010 1:00AM
    Kilpatrick switches prisons
    Kim Kozlowski / The Detroit News

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was transferred Friday to a low-security federal prison for men in Milan, his attorney says.

Kilpatrick lobbied for the move from the Oaks Correctional Facility near Manistee, where he began serving 14 months to five years for probation violations on June 8.

Kilpatrick also faces federal fraud and tax charges, and his attorney, James C. Thomas, last week asked a federal magistrate to take the former mayor into federal custody instead of sending him back to Oaks.

There, Kilpatrick had a private cell and television he bought at the prison store. He wanted the transfer so he could have access to research facilities and a computer to prepare his defense in the federal charges, Thomas said.

"The living conditions are substantially better," said Harold Gurewitz, a Detroit criminal defense attorney.

"It's not as crowded. It's cleaner. The food is much better. If I had a client who was going to be detained for a significant period of time, I would rather he would be there."

The Milan prison comprises one building for inmates serving sentences and another one for those awaiting trial, where Kilpatrick is likely housed.

Fifteen miles south of Ann Arbor, the prison is spread over 300 acres. It features basketball and tennis courts, horseshoe pits and a softball field for nearly 1,500 inmates including Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian accused of attempting to explode a plane landing in Detroit on Christmas.

kkozlowski@detnews.com [[313) 222-2024
    From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100720/...#ixzz0uD9GExkb

So Kwame is in the same prison as the Underwear Bomber? There's a joke in there somehwere.

Gotta say this whole thing stinks, now he gets moved to a cushier prison under federal custody. Wow, couldn't have planned it any better.

It least that cold, dank, rat and cockroach infested federal prison will cool him down. Where prison food taste like carboard and prison gangs beat you down.

12. Default

I wouldn't be surprised if a consortium of local media filed an amicus brief to have him moved there. That would greatly reduce their costs of reporting on him. After all, he is their cash cow, a gift that keeps on giving.

LodgeDodger Guest

But seriously Lowell, I need to ask...I consider your site to be somewhat of a media outlet. The Kilpatrick Saga must have increased your readership?

So, we finally hear about the PRIVATE ROOM and a television...but NO reports on the full use of a cell phone while up in Manistee. How is that justice, how the fuck is that punishment for his abuse of the probation system [[at the very least)?!

I guess the Universe will have to provide the next whistleblowers within the Federal Prison in Milan. It will happen...nothing will remain in shadows any longer.

I was greatly encouraged that they will be giving depositions in the Tamara Greene case...ALL OF THEM, including the three-time slugger, Carlita.

This story is not done yet.

Who pays for all of this prison transferring? How does a prisoner lobby for where and HOW he is incarcerated?!

Who pays for all of this prison transferring?
    Us. The taxpayers.

And to think my parents have always taught me that crime doesn't pay.

Oh, it pays nowadays, make no mistake about it. His mother and probably the Conyers clan had some sway in this decision. They are all f*ucking garbage from the same political landfill anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Us. The taxpayers.
    Over and over and over....

it is interesting the hypocrisy of those demanding he be thrown in a hole, never to see the light of day. he is a white collar criminal. good god people, he went to jail the first time for freaking 'perjury'? any idea how rare that is? THEN he went away again for the restitution thing. Anyone care to look up the numbers on how much actually gets paid back when restitution is ordered. The numbers a staggeringly bad, yet RARELY is anyone locked up for that. Look, you want him treated like everyone else or are you out for a pound of flesh? Every federal case is going to get moved over to the east side of the state if he's going to be tried in the Eastern District. And I'm sorry, tax cheats are not thrown in with serial killers and child molesters. They go to "cushy" places like Milan.

So, you either want fatso "treated like anyone else" or you want him singled out for harsh treatment. The former is what is going on, the later is unconstitutional no matter how much you hate the guy.

He used his position of elected authority to further a criminal enterprise, which held back the development in this town and effectively choked it to the near-death we experience now.

He used his position of elected authority to hide a very bad deed committed by his wife [[albeit in response to HIS bad deeds, in some countries merely a crime-of-passion), and ruin the careers of at least two police officers.

If they could only 'get' him on perjury and probation violations due the restitution avoidance...then so be it. We want him held accountable for it all.

And as soon as the investigation goes upstream to his mother and father, and the rest of the McNamara gang INCLUDING the five or six biggest dirty pastors stinking up this place from their pulpits...then I'll be happy. I'll be satisfied when this form of corruption is finally uprooted and eliminated in this town and we can be free of all this sort of suffocating bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    He used his position of elected authority to further a criminal enterprise, which held back the development in this town and effectively choked it to the near-death we experience now.

He used his position of elected authority to hide a very bad deed committed by his wife [[albeit in response to HIS bad deeds, in some countries merely a crime-of-passion), and ruin the careers of at least two police officers.

If they could only 'get' him on perjury and probation violations due the restitution avoidance...then so be it. We want him held accountable for it all.

And as soon as the investigation goes upstream to his mother and father, and the rest of the McNamara gang INCLUDING the five or six biggest dirty pastors stinking up this place from their pulpits...then I'll be happy. I'll be satisfied when this form of corruption is finally uprooted and eliminated in this town and we can be free of all this sort of suffocating bullshit.
    Then you need to take up you complaints with Kim Worthy and the Federal Prosecutor for not going far enough in the charges that were brought.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Then you need to take up you complaints with Kim Worthy and the Federal Prosecutor for not going far enough in the charges that were brought.
    My source, and it is a good one, says more charges are coming. There is a lot of crap for the agency involved to wade through. More stuff should be happening by the end of this year.I was of the opinion Kwame would be plea bargaining 5 to 7 years on the fed charges. My opinion has changed after what I heard, he will be lucky to get out in 20. Depends on the deal made. Jim Thomas and new team will be vigorously defending Kwame in the legal system this go around, but will be listening to offers behind the scenes. I don't care if anyone here believes this. Just have to watch .

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    My source, and it is a good one, says more charges are coming. There is a lot of crap for the agency involved to wade through. More stuff should be happening by the end of this year.I was of the opinion Kwame would be plea bargaining 5 to 7 years on the fed charges. My opinion has changed after what I heard, he will be lucky to get out in 20. Depends on the deal made. Jim Thomas and new team will be vigorously defending Kwame in the legal system this go around, but will be listening to offers behind the scenes. I don't care if anyone here believes this. Just have to watch .
    I don't doubt any of this. The Feds have not been on this for years to let this guy go with a hand slap deal. Conviction on ANY of these charges so far filed can get him a decade or more not to mention whats still coming down the pike. His parasitic father is going away for a ride as well on this before it all shakes out.
    This is a message sending investigation. He wanted to be top thug, well he's gonna do top thug time.

Bailey:

You dumb a**, he ASSAULTED A POLICE OFFICER! That is not a "white collar crime" where I come from. Interesting that in the Freep James Thomas also says he was convicted of a "non-violent crime".

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post

End of the year sounds right.

Ach, nervous stomachs and sleepless nights for the folks that are involved. Plans of vacation homes for the attorneys involved.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast