Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

DetroitDad Guest

Default Poor Quality of Work on Downtown Improvements

Downtown Detroit has been re paving new street corners all over Downtown, to the point where it seems like it's almost every corner. I hate to call attention to the emperor's new clothes, but I have some complaints.

• Several new street corner ramps don't even come close to lining up with each other, let alone the crosswalk. This might sound silly to some, but has actually almost gotten me hit while pushing my daughter in her stroller. The new street ramps also do not appear to meet ADA standards for the visually impaired [[crosswalks are not where people are instructed to cross the street, or where the blind are likely to cross the street).
    • Crews are very messy... spraying bits of cement on cars, buildings, and other streetscape elements. Go look at the Woodward flower beds, caked with cement, in front of the Woodward entrances to the David Whitney Building.
    • The new pavement styles don't meet other pavement styles put in during the Super Bowl. If the pavers are too expensive, you could try to paint them.

I'm still waiting to see how the Grand Circus Park improvements turn out around the "chair statues" flanking Woodward Avenue, and waiting for the West Grand Circus Park fountain to be turned back on. The Grand Circus Park fountain has been off since May.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; July-13-10 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Grammar