Hello my fellow forumers, Just wanted to share with you all a very traumatic experience my family and I just went through. I have a 12 week old rottweiler puppy, who contracted the parvovirus about a week ago. Through much research and discussions with our veterinarians, we learned that the parvovirus has been rampant in certain parts of southeast michigan over the last 18 months, [[Detroit is a major hotspot; Pontiac and Inkster also). Despite being current on all of his vaccinations, our puppy was very near death, and thanks to a lot of prayer, a very diligent veterinarian and his staff, he survived the odds that were very, very slim at best! I wanted to share this with the DYes family so that for those of you who are dog lovers and have dogs, or otherwise, you take care in ensuring that your pets are kept up-to-date on their vaccinations, and be cautious of where you allow your little ones to go. The parvovirus is vicious and it kills puppies very quickly; especially the rottweiler, and doberman breeds. Our miracle puppy is doing well today, and is expected to make a full recovery. I am certainly sympatheic to those who have had puppies that did not make it. We give thanks everyday to the the good Lord, Harper Woods Veterinarian Hospital and the ER Critical care staff; for without them he would have surely died. Giving Grace to God and all that he is capable of....Thanks for reading.