My neighbor informed me today that she and her daughter has to move within one week of finding out that the previous owner foreclosed on the home 4 months ago, and did not tell her that the home was in foreclosure. The previous owner has collected rent from her for the past 9 months and never revealed to her that he was not paying the mortagage to the bank, nor the electric bill [[which was included in the rent payment of $1000+ per month). The electricity has been shut off on three different occassions because of this. She's really tried to keep the property up, keeping the grass cut and maintaining the outside and inside of the property. I think this is such an awful position to put a single mother and child in. Do any of you know of anyone who has experienced this? If so, what are her options? It is my understanding that the owner was a friend of the family, and there was no lease signed for the rental of the property. It just seems awfully unfair to have people move into properties that are being foreclosed on, and not give them any clue that they are paying rent and will likely have to move from the property within months of moving in. We live in one of the few nice areas left in the city, and I would much rather have the home occupied by people maintaining the property, rather than leaving the property empty. These are very tough and trying times we live in today.