Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    gdogslim Guest

Sue Ford see were you get. Everything is race based now eh. Maybe they were just stupid so that is why they did not hire them.

Stupidest. Thread. Ever.

Do you believe all of your email forwrds too?

The truth is that this happens all the time with large employers. When you have a workforce that essentially mirrors the relevant community around it, you don't want to throw those numbers out of kilter. So when you get rid of someone who happens to be a thirty year old white guy, the easiest way to avoid a lawsuit and avoid changing those numbers is by replacing him with a thirty year old white guy. Fired a 44 year old black female? Replace her with a 44 year old black female.

Is it a perfect solution or a fair solution or the best solution or even legal? Likely not. But it keeps the economic engines running and keeps those making the decisions from having to defend them.

Just my $0.02

Racism is VERY much alive and well. Just this past week, the Miami Heat basketball team hired THREE black guys and ZERO whites, asians, hispanics, you name it! No women either!!! WTF!!!

I am not worried about libel or slander. I have been in much worse situations. You might want to see that happen to me but I am not worried. Nor am I a troll. Trolls don't come back and respond numerous times like I have done. Also, I learned about tracing IP addresses in college [[CIS major). Its not rocket science.

P.S Your responses lead me to believe that you work for Ford or know someone who does and want to lead them to this thread so these so-called "slander & libel" charges can be brought against someone sitting behind a computer screen. LOL. I'm so nervous God help me! [[sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    The fact that you bring up tracking down I.P. addresses leads one to conclude you are a troll, trying, in vain to spread false info about a company of which you have shown a clear and objective biased to.

LadyCeo, you might want to stop now, as you are treading dangerously closely to slander and libel.
    Last edited by LadyCeoDetroit; July-18-10 at 11:18 AM.

Heard back from Brian yet?

Ladyceo, there have been numerous studies demonstrating that some people believe unsubstantiated rumors over substantiated facts. Here's a link to the first chapter of Cass Sustein's book on the phenomenon. Perhaps you should read the entire book.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...1/onrumors.htm

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCeoDetroit View Post
    Nor am I a troll. Trolls don't come back and respond numerous times like I have done.
    Um, yeah, that pretty much describes exactly what trolls do.

Stosh Guest

I am not worried about libel or slander. I have been in much worse situations. You might want to see that happen to me but I am not worried. Nor am I a troll. Trolls don't come back and respond numerous times like I have done. Also, I learned about tracing IP addresses in college [[CIS major). Its not rocket science.

P.S Your responses lead me to believe that you work for Ford or know someone who does and want to lead them to this thread so these so-called "slander & libel" charges can be brought against someone sitting behind a computer screen. LOL. I'm so nervous God help me! [[sarcasm)
    Maybe you can give us a hint about the company that you DO work for or own.

I'm sure that given your proclivity to believe random people's statements that it would be profitable for some to do business with your organization.

Your responses lead me to believe that you work for Ford or know someone who does and want to lead them to this thread so these so-called "slander & libel" charges can be brought against someone sitting behind a computer screen.
    I neither work for Ford, nor know anyone close who does, my closest connection is one of our three cars is a Focus, proudly built in Wayne Michigan, because I support Michigan Companies.

lilpup Guest

I am not worried about libel or slander.
    Perhaps you should be because corporations can come after you, too, for libeling or slandering them.

Lol at the "lemmings" in this thread. That is just sad.

Doesn't apply to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Ladyceo, there have been numerous studies demonstrating that some people believe unsubstantiated rumors over substantiated facts. Here's a link to the first chapter of Cass Sustein's book on the phenomenon. Perhaps you should read the entire book.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...1/onrumors.htm

It would be a waste of time and money for a big company like Ford coming after little old me. Sorry, your wish is denied.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Perhaps you should be because corporations can come after you, too, for libeling or slandering them.

Lol at the "lemmings" in this thread. That is just sad.
    Daina???????

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Daina???????
    Not smart enough

checkraisej Guest

How about Craigd?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6