Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Honest business!!!! Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Absolutely NOT.

And I don't know why you would have that pessimist or cynical view of the business world. If that is your prejudged, stereotype then you have been doing business with the wrong guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    Absolutely NOT.

And I don't know why you would have that pessimist or cynical view of the business world. If that is your prejudged, stereotype then you have been doing business with the wrong guys.
    Cry me a river!!!!!! There is a difference between mom and pop businesses and big businesses.

You ranted off a hyperbole statement and I asked if the phrase honest business is a oxymoron? You really believe a Fortune 500 company got to be a Fortune 500 company by being honest? Wake up and join up in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Cry me a river!!!!!! There is a difference between mom and pop businesses and big businesses.

You ranted off a hyperbole statement and I asked if the phrase honest business is a oxymoron? You really believe a Fortune 500 company got to be a Fortune 500 company by being honest? Wake up and join up in 2010.
    I did not "..rant off a hyperbole statement.." - that may be your opinion, but it is incorrect. Rather, I made a simple, declarative statement - that business should be conducted honestly.

Somehow I suspect that you would argue that "honest government" is not an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    I did not "..rant off a hyperbole statement.." - that may be your opinion, but it is incorrect. Rather, I made a simple, declarative statement - that business should be conducted honestly.

Somehow I suspect that you would argue that "honest government" is not an oxymoron.
    "Honest government" is an oxymoron. Want proof? How about the government closing their eyes and stuffing their ears with the dollars that the oil companies gave do to whatever they wanted hence the lax regulations that played a part in the oil rig exploding in the gulf and the result of said explosion.

I respect that you want businesses to operate honestly. I do too but I know when it comes to the dollars, morality goes out the window. You probably believe that the purpose of a company is "to provide a service while at the same time make a profit" but in reality the business model of a company is "to make a profit by providing a service." The dishonestly comes in to play because it is always about the dollars.