Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Attachment 7228

Put together a backpack and some stuff for some little darling. I'll drop it off on my way to the mosque for morning prayer.

It's on the back porch. Let me know if you find it.

Bump for a great cause. Hope to see you all soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Thank YOU, Fryar...your donation is greatly appreciated. If you are ever in town, please stop by the Garden and say "Hi". Watch for pictures after the 29th and see the smiles on the kids' faces.
    It's on my list of places to visit.

Mark got the backpack, Gnome....thank you sooooo much!

Anyone wishing to help stuff backpacks is welcome to join us at the Community Center on Saturday, August 28th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. "Many hands make lighter the load."

We are still short on some supplies...color pencils, markers and highlighters especially. We understand times are hard for everyone and donations are a little lighter this year. If you can find it in your heart...and you wallet...to donate just a few items, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the final reminder of the BackPack Giveaway. We have enough supplies to put together approximately 120 backpacks so far. If you have donated already...please accept our deepest gratitude! The generosity of the people who read this forum and our blog is nothing sort of miraculous!

Everyone is welcome to stop by the Georgia Street Main Garden and Community Center on Sunday, August 29th to see the results of our efforts and the donations of others. We will begin the Giveaway and End of Summer Vacation Cookout at 3:00 p.m. We will continue until all backpacks have been given away and the food is gone.

Each child who receives a backpack will get a free meal. All others will pay $2.00 for Chips, and drink and their choice of a hot dog, hamburger or bratwurst. While supplies last.

We look forward to seeing some of you on Sunday.

Thank you again to everyone who helped make this event possible

Hope all goes good, I will keep my eye out for sales on supplies till next year.Will pick up some of the short items next year, So hopefully you ain't short again.
    This thing is one of the better things in my mind that is going on in Detroit.
    Cub and all involved do a great job.As I told Cub maybe next year I will have my house settled as to spend more time helping out the GSCC.

Thank you...thank you....thank you to everyone who contributed in any way to this year's BackPack Giveaway. It was a great day! Here are a few pics...there will be more up on the website by tomorrow [[hopefully).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2