Quote Originally Posted by cman710 View Post
Yes, you have the right instinct. It will be much easier for you to find success working through current community organizations than by coming in, putting yourself down in some neighborhood you have no connections to, and trying that way. Once you are able, I would suggest that you come out here for several weeks and set up meetings with as many people as you can. Given your resources, I am sure there will be many people interesting in helping you [[in the hope of getting some funding, of course). That is not a bad thing, but you will have to be careful, and I would suggest that when it comes down to in person meetings, that you keep the extent of your resources on the down low.

Also, you may have this taken care of, but if you want to make sure you have the money for this project, make sure that you are keeping the money in a safe investment.
Oh my money is in a very safe investment.It started off with US gold coins.I learned the hobby as a child from my grandmother and I convinced my grandparents to buy certain ones back in 2000 right before gold started to rise.They figured since they were so old and that their initial investment of almost a million dollars would be enough for me that the steady price of gold would ensure that I saw all of that money.They turned their nest egg into a fortune that they left to me.I then took the coins and sold them and now I have the $500,000.00 in the bank and another $ 1,500,000.00 in a balanced stock portfolio so that it can continue to grow.

Working with local people is a great idea but I worry that people might take advantage of an inexperienced lily white chick from the south.Under no circumstances would I ever let anyone know how much money I have or that I was alone.That would be a recipe for disaster!