Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heat wave

Well that was a convenient way to end the heat wave.

The warminista finally got their hot weather fix, the grass got more than its fair share of water after going an entire 2 weeks without significant precipitation, and now those sick of the heatwave get to enjoy rain-cooled air in the 70s for the rest of today.

July and August are the monsoon season in the SW deserts, and today we're seeing clouds in southern NV for the first time in four or five weeks. Building up over the mountains, and perhaps by this weekend we'll have a thunderstorm or two pass by. Only trouble is the temperatures remain in the 100s and the humidity takes a noticable leap.

Enjoy the break, Detroit. I can see it's been nasty.

I'm suffering with you on the other side of the atlantic. From the continent of centigrade: 35.5 degrees today on my dash....

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    ...I wonder if it would be feasible to to bring back swim mobiles..
    OMG - I remember getting into one of these when I was a kid, it came to Jefferson Elementary in Oak Park, it was the 1970's. I was so totally grossed out by that murky pit of deep green water, I would never step foot in one again, no matter how hot it got. GROSSSSSS OUT!!!

Sprinklers - the way forward.

Get used to it folks. Michigan recieves 80s 90s and even 110 degree temperatures during the summer for the last 10,000 years after the glacial retreaval. Enjoy the para-tropical humid air and like it. I'm a natural born Michigander. I do not complaining about extreme heat and cold. I just survive through it like a human being along with God's greatest creatures in the planet.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Even the insects like the heat.

Neda grew up in hot holy desert lands and she didn't complain about it.
    Last edited by Danny; July-09-10 at 02:22 PM.

Take a look at this World Temperature Map:

http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com...peratures.html

When the Earth tilts to the Summer Solstice, the global heat begins, just don't create a Global Warming, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Neda grew up in hot holy desert lands and she didn't complain about it.
    Well, you know what they say... It's a dry heat.

Take a gander at these two articles about the 1936 heat wave in Detroit:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dtx/heatwave.php

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/history/index.php?id=134

There is also a good article about the 1936 heat wave in this month's Hour Detroit.
    Last edited by Crystal; July-09-10 at 10:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2