Perhaps Feiger better look into this....

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ge-20100702-mr

Updated: Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 5:48 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 7:11 AM EDT

myFOXDetroit.com Staff Reports

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. - Surveillance video from Novi Police shows them in pursuit of an armed robbery suspect -- 34-year-old Edward Worthy. It's 11:15 Thursday night on the Lodge Freeway in Southfield. Worthy got out of his car and tried to get away.

But Southfield Police started shooting. They're not saying how many bullets were fired. Worthy was hit numerous times as he tried to run up an embankment at the Lodge and Mt. Vernon.

"All of a sudden, this gentleman started running up the side of the expressway and bullets [[began) to [[ring) out. Bullets [[were) everywhere. I could see them hitting the ground. I saw them hit him and hit his body. I saw him turn a 360 and fall down, and we just said, 'Dear God, did you just see that,'" said Gilbert Vaughn.

Police say they were acting on information that Worthy, a known felon, was armed and dangerous.

It all started Wednesday afternoon at the Barrels of Wine party store in Walled Lake when Worthy allegedly robbed the owner at gunpoint.

"I was just really mad at that point because... it was the second time," said Trisha Watterson.
She says this was the second time Worthy had robbed her. The first time was at knifepoint in 2008. This time he played the lottery, grabbed a Coke and pulled out a gun.

"Said give me all your money and put it in this bag. So, obviously I did," Watterson said.
She and another employee were put in a back room. Watterson ran out in time to get the license plate number, a rental car registered in Worthy's name.

Novi Police set up surveillance at Worthy's apartment at Novi Road and
14 Mile Thursday night, but Worthy spotted them and took off. They gave chase as shown in the surveillance video and followed him down Novi Road, east on I-696 and onto the Lodge.

"This is a violent felon armed with weapons, has committed an armed robbery, committed armed robbery in the past where he was armed with a sawed off shotgun. This is an individual with an extensive criminal history who should not be on the street," said Novi Police Chief David Molloy. "I support the officers in their attempt to catch this fleeing felon, absolutely."

But it went beyond catching him. At the Lodge, Southfield Police joined in the chase, and when Worthy crashed and tried to run, two Southfield officers fired their guns killing him. They're now on administrative leave.

Novi officers did not fire. It's not clear whether the suspect was even armed
at the time, and police aren't saying how many times they shot Edward Worthy, but the robbery victim is relieved police took the action that they did.

"I applaud them. I really do," said Watterson. "I don't have to worry about this guy anymore and neither does anybody else."

The Oakland County Sheriff's Department is now investigating at the request of Southfield Police.