Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Spirit, please remove that video. It isn't nice to post pics of folks in their underwear.
    By that same token, is it nice to run around in public in one's underwear?

Boy, I sure am glad the police are going after those rough swimmers and leaving all the weed smoking, booze drinking, clowns who block the road alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Boy, I sure am glad the police are going after those rough swimmers and leaving all the weed smoking, booze drinking, clowns who block the road alone.
    Which group is less likely to be armed? [[see Gunfire over parking spot on Belle Isle thread)

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    By that same token, is it nice to run around in public in one's underwear?
    I wouldn't [[and the world is a better place because of it) but I still think it isn't nice.

More I think about this, the madder I get.

I've been spending a BUNCH of time on the eastern side of the island lately, and the speeds some individuals get to after they pass the Coast Guard station is totally ridiculous.

I SEE the new burnouts on the pavement every Monday morning.

I've witnessed some really outrageous acts during the evenings on Fridays and Saturdays.

I have NEVER seen any police action on the island EXCEPT for the harassment of those on this particular beach.

The folks who frequent "Freak Beach" [[or Patchouli Creek or whatever you want to call it) are some of the most peaceful and wonderful individuals I've met in this entire city. Those I already KNEW to be peaceful and wonderful happen to hang out there, too.

It never ceases to amaze me how many interesting and purely lovely people gravitate to this place.

This is clearly selective enforcement of a non-posted offense. To hell with these cops who choose to abuse people who are not harming anyone OR themselves with their actions.

It is time for a bit of civil protesting and organized appeal to the police department, council, and the executive. Everyone who has been cited at this spot needs to gather with the same council and make a group appeal to make these tickets go away. How can we work this out?!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2028 View Post
    Curiousity got the best of me so I had to check this beach out first-hand. While there on [[7/13/10) I saw what appeared to be undercover cops or possibly a scene from a new James Bond movie. As a special bonus a Detroit artist can be seen at work. Some of the people on this forum may recognize him but I will protect his anonymity. Here is the video link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLedFWUcAGM
    This film is decent, my critique: less of the rock stacking gentleman in the black BVDs, and more of the girl in the pink bikini.

Pingu Guest

This beach seems very interesting. Perhaps I should go for a quick dip on the next sunny, hot day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3