Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Java Hutt

Hybrid View

Default Java Hutt

A colorful cast of characters parades and prances through this amiable amicable cofffee shop hot spot. Located a half block west of Woodward, the place is cozy, comfy and welcoming, a real down to earth place, its not unusual to see a patron kicked back with their bare feet on the coffee table or taking a light cat nap on one of the leather sofa. I met my wife, and made many new friends on the front patio section.Students study, computer users hook up to the mother board and drift into cyberspace, while other patrons relax with a newspaper and a smoothie. The food fare runs the gamut of healthy to artery clogging supersweet deserts. Java Hutt Steve is usually on hand, opening the door for the ladies, or telling stories of the many kids hes saved. Owners Mark and Cecilia sold the Birmingham location last I heard, and occasionally pop in with their cute little ones.
    Check it out!
    Last edited by terryh; June-29-10 at 05:39 PM.

terryh: Don't mean to be a stickler...but since 9 Mile runs east and west...It has to be west of something else or north/south of 9 Mile. Is it in Ferndale?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    terryh: Don't mean to be a stickler...but since 9 Mile runs east and west...It has to be west of something else or north/south of 9 Mile. Is it in Ferndale?
    OOPS..Ill fix that...Im sleepy

Java Hutt is good, but it's no Gotham City Cafe! [[RIP)

Zoots for the WIN! Best coffee house anywhere, ever. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Java Hutt is good, but it's no Gotham City Cafe! [[RIP)
    I popped into that place when it was on its last legs..before I moved to Ferndale. The shop did have character....Im trying to remember exactly where it was and how long it had been open...I was there in 99....Ferndale still had its grittiness......

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    I popped into that place when it was on its last legs..before I moved to Ferndale. The shop did have character....Im trying to remember exactly where it was and how long it had been open...I was there in 99....Ferndale still had its grittiness......
    Too late by then, that was it's newer location on 9 mile. Doomed from the day it opened.

Had to be at the original location [[Howe's Bayou) for the real "character".

I wouldn't be ON this path, if it weren't for the trend of how many people were positively affected by this particular place, some turning their lives from random into directed energy...others getting brave in front of crowds, then moving forward with their gifting.

There IS something to a good coffeehouse...that environment can be a springboard for further creativity, and a curious place to blend and develop ideas. Those of us who've been around it know, those who deny their own creativity may never understand.

Cheers

Frankly, Gannon, that picture wasn't that hard to find and had been posted in recent memory. I kind of wondered the same thing when I saw your post evincing disgust at the feet on the table thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Frankly, Gannon, that picture wasn't that hard to find and had been posted in recent memory. I kind of wondered the same thing when I saw your post evincing disgust at the feet on the table thing.

If you can equate putting one's feet on a table in a restaurant with my behavior at the end of a picnic, you've got other issues.

Both of you!

Stosh...it was effort enough. Again...for what purpose?! To what end...if it brings you joy, then go for it...as long as it isn't at anyone else's expense.

I examine my soul often enough to know my motivations...it is not a bad exercise.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    If you can equate putting one's feet on a table in a restaurant with my behavior at the end of a picnic, you've got other issues.

Both of you!

Stosh...it was effort enough. Again...for what purpose?! To what end...if it brings you joy, then go for it...as long as it isn't at anyone else's expense.

I examine my soul often enough to know my motivations...it is not a bad exercise.
    Hardly an effort. An attempt at humor? Some measure of irony? Why so offended?

Gannon, I have a ton of old fliers from the "old" Gotham I have scanned in. I've also got some of James Clay's poetry books...quite a few things actually. I don't know if you've contacted him yet but Mike Dorn is fairly active on Facebook and I can probably get you in contact with James Clay if you're interested.