Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Jeezy does not often wear red shirts. I have never seen a photograph of him wearing a red shirt.

A young black man can wear a red shirt without being in a gang.
    Last edited by majohnson; July-01-10 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    Jeezy does not often wear red shirts. I have never seen a photograph of him wearing a red shirt.

A young black man can wear a red shirt without being in a gang.
    I see the dude rockin red shirts all the time. He's on the cover of two mix CD's I have wearing them. And saying otherwise sure doesn't help your argument, as far as these folks go. Some are convinced that the bloods are marching over Detroit like an army by the sound of it.

I think this gang takeover thing needs more investigation. I'm going to ask around over the holiday weekend, and I'll get back to you guys. My boys won't bullsh*t me.

which mixtapes

Same going on here in Lincoln Park.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Some are convinced that the bloods are marching over Detroit like an army by the sound of it.

I think this gang takeover thing needs more investigation. I'm going to ask around over the holiday weekend, and I'll get back to you guys. My boys won't bullsh*t me.
    Oh, hey, I'm absolutely just speculating. Please let us know what you hear, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGrixdale View Post
    I don’t think this is a 2010 fashion phenomenon.

My mother stays on the Westside, near Rosedale Park, and I’ve noticed the crimson garb for more than 2 years. Tagging in the neighborhood has also turned monochromatic. My first thought was “bloods” but dismissed it because Detroit has always been disjointedly “crew” based. My second thought, however, is there’s an influence trying to guide these misguided, wayward and stupid kids into a bigger gangland family.

The “streets” have changed.

The drug money is drying up behind a decrease in addicts with good paying factory jobs. The “street” work force is over saturated with “unqualified” and “high themselves” criminals trying to live the glory of rap lyrics. Case in point: Gone are the $50K+ tricked out “whips” replaced with $2.5K- domestic fleet cars with $3K wheels. There is no longer a discernable “kingpin” hierarchy and I don’t think its because the’re all locked up or dead but because the green Detroit drug pasture, is now brownfield too. There has been drug dealer flight from the city for 15 years or better.

That being said the motivation of the streets has changed from being capitalistic [[getting paid) to feudalistic [[being hard/bangin’). This is leading to more random violent crimes than ever before.

IMHO: The ingredients are here for West Coast style gangland BS and this could turn very bad very quickly. These bangin’ types of gangs practice urban terrorism, when properly managed, and DPD will be weighed, measured and found lacking.

You've hit the nail on the head with this post. The city [[and the kids) have changed so much in the last 20 years that IMO it's fertile ground for a well organized gang. Hopefully the DPD has a few people on staff with the same logical thought process that you seem to have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2