Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Smoking Ban

One of the best analogies I ever heard for smoking was if: A doctor prescribed a treatment where the patient had to on the half hour, take one of these sticks and light it and inhale as much of the smoke as possible everyday, from now on. Oh and your medical insurance won't cover them, and it will cost 3-400 dollars per month, depending on which state you live in.

Stosh, Diabetics have to consume sugar sometimes, if their sugar gets too low.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    first off -- 6 weeks smokeless, thanks to a product to be named later.

I remember smoking outside an establishment, on a bench, next to a butt disposal device. A woman came out, sat next to me [[up wind, mind you) and proceeded to ask me to put out my cigarette. there were three other benches with no one sitting on them. I looked at her and asked if she was nuts. I held back from just exhaling a huge cloud of smoke at her.
    Congrats. I am somewhere around a year and a half now. I guess I was ready this time because it was much easier than all my failed attempts.

Plus all the money I've saved lets me justify every fun purchase I feel like making. I'm not sure how long I can milk that one, but for now it works.

I think they should have made some money off the license idea too, but it's not something I'm willing to fight about any more. I'll let the choking smokers and laughing jokers handle that one while enjoying the clean air and a brew.

Geez, you find ways to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Sstashmoo: 1) Alcohol is not harmful in moderation.

Stosh: 1) It is to an alcoholic.

Me: 1) dumb reply, alcoholics don't moderate their intake, NEXT!

Stash 1 - Stosh 0

Sstashmoo: 3) Sugar, again in moderation is ok

Stosh: 3) Not to a diabetic

Me: 3) dumb reply, sugar is safe for most people, diabetics have a disease.

Stash 2 - Stosh 0

Sstashmoo: 4) Driving is as safe as one makes it.

Stosh: 4) You can't control others actions.

Me: This is a 50/50, driving responsibly yourself is a huge part of it, but you don't know what others will do either.

Stash 2.5 - Stosh 0.5

Argue away.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Congrats. I am somewhere around a year and a half now. I guess I was ready this time because it was much easier than all my failed attempts.
    That is just it -- I really stopped enjoying smoking this year. Still wondering what the half-life of tobacco stench in carpet, furniture, etc is

Time to reward yourself with some new flooring and furniture. What the heck, paint the walls and ceiling too. Freshen up your space as well as your lungs.

Quote: "Stash 2.5 - Stosh 0.5"

Thanks for that, sometimes on this forum, I have to pinch myself to see if I'm awake.

Attachment 6599
    is worth a thousand words.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-19-10 at 11:56 AM.

Take the spent butt, peel off the paper and scatter any remaining tobacco and dead ash to the winds. Roll the paper into a tiny ball and drop it and the filter in your pocket to dispose of in a safe place. In 'Nam, of course, the point was not to leave any evidence of your passage. Here, the point would be to leave a clean area and not start any inadvertent grass or trash fires.

Compliments of the U S Military commonly refered to as field stripping a cigarette. Which during WW2 cigarettes were in the C rations, which is justification for Veterans clubs to ignore the smoking ban.
    That would be a great grandfather clause

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2