Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Your gov't isn't looking to murder all of you or put you all in camps......
    Oh, yeah, that's NEVER happened before. It even happened in Detroit when the British captured the city and the Americans were powerless to stop it. Duh! BTW: Do you only feel this way when a democrat is president, or do you change your views to suit the administration?

He's Canadian, so I don't think he gives a rat's ass either way.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    Oh, yeah, that's NEVER happened before. It even happened in Detroit when the British captured the city and the Americans were powerless to stop it. Duh! BTW: Do you only feel this way when a democrat is president, or do you change your views to suit the administration?
    What's even more frightening to me is:
    1) That you even feel that the people of Detroit then were murdered and put into camps.
    2) That you think this is possible at all.

The USA started the war of 1812 and because of that Detroit was invaded. Plus no one was massacred at the Fort and in fact the people were allowed, as were the soldiers to either stay or leave [[without weapons).

Do you really believe that another country is going to invade the USA? Don't worry so much because you and your people with your shopping for cheapest goods, have already sold your country to the lowest bidder. There is no reason for any country to invade the USA it has already been sold.

I'm not really sure what a dem or repub president has to do with your paranoia and the need for guns, guns and more guns but I will humour you. I think both parties are fucked and are playing the exact same game. That is either one will have power eventually and all of the money that goes with it. It is a nice circle of comedy for them. But I will tell you your guns don't change anything. You are still getting screwed.

Islandman, I do care because when the USA shakes the world feels the effect. The difficult part is we [[foreigners) are powerless to stop it. Only Americans can make the difference while we wait holding our collective breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I'm more scared of the gun nuts than criminals or the government. Remember this story?
    [[By the way, the gunman was subdued by unarmed people.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoxvil...hurch_shooting
    Pam,
    That is a pretty broad statement, are you insinuating that all gun owners are gun nuts? In Wayne County there are 40,000 CPL [[Carry Permit Licenses) which does not account for all the weapons in Wayne County. Those are people who can carry concealed weapons.
    According to the 2000 censes there was 1.9 Million people in Wayne County…that is 1 out of every 48 people that are carrying. Legally carrying people rarely are involved in shootings….Just sayin.
    Most gun owners I believe are responsible.....but that is JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.
    You have a right to your opinion. Just don't lump all gun owners together. That would be like me saying all women are bitches....which they are not. Just my ex-wife is!
    Last edited by Searay215; July-07-10 at 09:12 AM.

It's kind of funny reading about how people who live in Detroit think they are so safe.

Even funnier, who called who elitist a few pages back?

I don't really see how these two statements tie in together. What does elitism have to do with living in one of the most crime riddled cities in the country and an individual having the desire to own a firearm for protection in an environment where statistically they are more at risk of harm? Huh? Did I miss something?
    Oh I know, I'll be saved by one of those gun owning civilians if the shit hits the fan.
    Playing vigilante is against the law. Protecting yourself with a legal fire arm under the proper legal circumstances is not.

People make guns to kill anything.

Guns were made to kill anything.

Guns don't kill people or anything unless there is a source to pull the trigger.

Guns can make our problems go away.

Guns is more better the punching someone in the face.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because the right to bear arms and form militia keeps America from being invaded by foreign pricipalities or from other Americans. Anyone want to overturn the 2nd Amendment, go right ahead.

Neda, I miss you so, because a bullet from the Ayatollah's goons kill your hope for a free Iran.

Pam,
    That is a pretty broad statement, are you insinuating that all gun owners are gun nuts?
    No, not all gun owners are gun nuts. I don't have a problem with someone leaving their gun at home or only using it for target shooting or hunting. I'm not comfortable with people who feel they need to carry a gun everywhere. Unless you are being followed by hit men, I think it's a little paranoid.

I agree with that, Pam. Though I do believe that if you are going into an area specifically where you feel you may be in danger, it may be worthwhile to bring a secure and safely concealed firearm, with a legal permit of course. Taking a gun to the local grocery or to church is a little over the top. However, if you're going to I-94 & Outer Drive, you might plan on being a little prepared.

And it's not just the redneck with three teeth that carries a concealed weapon. Your typical blue haired grandma may have a snubnose in her purse, and an attractive businesswoman with a downtown office may be packing as well, in case that terrible moment arrives where there is no alternative....

The police always show up after the damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    I agree with that, Pam. Though I do believe that if you are going into an area specifically where you feel you may be in danger, it may be worthwhile to bring a secure and safely concealed firearm, with a legal permit of course. Taking a gun to the local grocery or to church is a little over the top. However, if you're going to I-94 & Outer Drive, you might plan on being a little prepared.

And it's not just the redneck with three teeth that carries a concealed weapon. Your typical blue haired grandma may have a snubnose in her purse, and an attractive businesswoman with a downtown office may be packing as well, in case that terrible moment arrives where there is no alternative....

The police always show up after the damage is done.
    Papasito, First of all you can not take a gun to a church or on their grounds...one of many places you can not take a weapon. You would know that if you had a CPL....which you don't. Secondly, It is a right of a CPL holder to carry when they want. Anytime I go taking photograps in unfriendly area's I do carry, don't need it to go to the store or mall, selling something on Craigslist....another story. I don't know this person from Adam. Most CPL owners will tell you the same. If I go to strange area's that I am unfamilar with again I have it. It is my right...I am not a gun nut as Pam and you might think.
    And your right...the police always come after the fact...when an inocent person is killed by some idiot who doesn't have a license to carry or permit to even buy.
    You don't have to own one or carry that is your choice....I choose otherwise, that is my right.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Papasito, First of all you can not take a gun to a church or on their grounds...one of many places you can not take a weapon.
    is that by law, and everywhere, or just a church-by-church, state-by-state, city-by-city basis? I guess I'm in trouble, cause when I was 15, I took my gun into church and went to a firing range with our youth group

You would know that if you had a CPL....which you don't
    That is correct. I have not taken a CPL course yet. Maybe someday I might get around to it. Until then, the steel pipe I have under my drivers seat will just have to do.
    I am not a gun nut as Pam and you might think.
    Scroll up, dude. I am not anti gun.

What I stated on post #184 was that taking a gun everywhere you go is probably not the right thing to do. It should be situational in any reasonable person's mind, even though you never know when or where you may need it.
    A friend of mine recently was walking with his wife and child to thier car after shopping at a flea market in a nice area of town. Three guys followed them out and approched them and ended up coming around two cars and trapping them in between them as they were trying to cross the parking lot. Rick opened up his shirt and patted his holster and said "No victim here, guys". The three men left.

Big brother government's police department could have tagged a raped six year old girl and her mother, and a badly beated or dead Daddy. Instead, the situation ended without incident. Rick is not a toothless redneck nut bar, but a manager of a local fancy Italian restaurant. Who knows what would have happened if Rick wasn't carrying. But I do know what happened because he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    That is correct. I have not taken a CPL course yet. Maybe someday I might get around to it. Until then, the steel pipe I have under my drivers seat will just have to do.

Scroll up, dude. I am not anti gun.

What I stated on post #184 was that taking a gun everywhere you go is probably not the right thing to do. It should be situational in any reasonable person's mind, even though you never know when or where you may need it.
    A friend of mine recently was walking with his wife and child to thier car after shopping at a flea market in a nice area of town. Three guys followed them out and approched them and ended up coming around two cars and trapping them in between them as they were trying to cross the parking lot. Rick opened up his shirt and patted his holster and said "No victim here, guys". The three men left.

Big brother government's police department could have tagged a raped six year old girl and her mother, and a badly beated or dead Daddy. Instead, the situation ended without incident. Rick is not a toothless redneck nut bar, but a manager of a local fancy Italian restaurant. Who knows what would have happened if Rick wasn't carrying. But I do know what happened because he was.
    My Bad.....Thanks for the info. What your friend did is technically illegal as well. That is called Branishing....you can loose your license, but it worked out okay. So no harm....personally I would have done the same thing.
    Last edited by Searay215; July-07-10 at 05:11 PM.

You can if you have permission.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    is that by law, and everywhere, or just a church-by-church, state-by-state, city-by-city basis? I guess I'm in trouble, cause when I was 15, I took my gun into church and went to a firing range with our youth group

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    You can if you have permission.
    Partially true, From what I read you must be employeed, contracted or a police officer. See Firearm Law of Michigan:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...s/firearms.pdf

750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor;
    penalty.
    Sec. 234d. [[1) Except as provided in subsection [[2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:
    [[a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.
    [[b) A church or other house of religious worship.
    [[c) A court.
    [[d) A theatre.
    [[e) A sports arena.
    [[f) A day care center.
    [[g) A hospital.
    [[h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of
    1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
    [[2) This section does not apply to any of the following:
    [[a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection [[1) if the possession of that
    firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
    [[b) A peace officer.

Page 28

28.425o.amended THIS AMENDED SECTION IS EFFECTIVE APRIL 6, 2009

[[e) Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship, unless
    the presiding official or officials of the church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship permit the carrying of
    concealed pistol on that property or facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Partially true, From what I read you must be employeed, contracted or a police officer. See Firearm Law of Michigan:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...s/firearms.pdf

750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor;
    penalty.
    Sec. 234d. [[1) Except as provided in subsection [[2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:
    [[a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.
    [[b) A church or other house of religious worship.
    [[c) A court.
    [[d) A theatre.
    [[e) A sports arena.
    [[f) A day care center.
    [[g) A hospital.
    [[h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of
    1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
    [[2) This section does not apply to any of the following:
    [[a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection [[1) if the possession of that
    firearm is to provide security services for that entity.
    [[b) A peace officer.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Page 28

28.425o.amended THIS AMENDED SECTION IS EFFECTIVE APRIL 6, 2009

[[e) Any property or facility owned or operated by a church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship, unless
    the presiding official or officials of the church, synagogue, mosque, temple, or other place of worship permit the carrying of
    concealed pistol on that property or facility.
    I have been corrected...Thanks

Anyone carrying a gun who thinks they will fire back at criminals and be a hero, should keep this story in mind:

http://detnews.com/article/20100708/...374/1409/rss36

The shot allegedly was fired by Edward Bell, 65. He claims Hall robbed him and stole his SUV. Bell, who has been bound over for trial in Wayne County Circuit Court on a charge of manslaughter and reckless use of a firearm that he had a permit to carry, has said he was firing at Hall, who was trying to escape in Bell's vehicle.
    One of six shots Bell fired apparently hit the truck, which crashed and caused Hall's capture. Investigators say another bullet pierced the wall of Jackson's home and struck her as she prepared a family meal.

He was not defending himself. He was wildly shooting at a fleeing vehicle. And who said anything about being a hero? The law clearly states that you can only use deadly force if your life is in danger.

Anyone carrying a gun who thinks they will fire back at criminals and be a hero, should keep this story in mi nd:

http://detnews.com/article/20100708/...374/1409/rss36

And who said anything about being a hero?
    You've never seen comments after a mass shooting where someone says the shooter could have been taken out if only more people had been carrying?

The guy in the above story probably thought he was defending himself. People don't know how they will react in the heat of the moment. That's why the thought of mass numbers of people carrying guns makes me uncomfortable.

The chances of a single person being on the scene of a mass shooting is slim to none. No reasonable person would believe that shooting down the block at a fleeing suspect is self defense.

You've never seen comments after a mass shooting where someone says the shooter could have been taken out if only more people had been carrying?

The guy in the above story probably thought he was defending himself. People don't know how they will react in the heat of the moment. That's why the thought of mass numbers of people carrying guns makes me uncomfortable.

Like when Ted "Uncle Teddy" Nugent said after the subway shootings[[in NY), that if he were there only one person[[the shooter) would have died?
    Last edited by Detroitej72; July-09-10 at 12:05 AM.

No reasonable person would believe that shooting down the block at a fleeing suspect is self defense.
    Yes, but there aren't a lot of reasonable people out there.

Yes, but there aren't a lot of reasonable people out there.
    The people you must see in your slice of the world must not give you much hope for humanity.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8