Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    You are just fucking amazing. First you want ANYONE to get a hand gun, and tells people to "deal with it", then I make it personal, and now you are threatened? Maybe you should rethink your positions? It's all well and good if it's abstract, but when it's a personal matter SStashmoo goes ballistic. Or should I say whiny? Learn to tell the difference between real and hypothetical situations. Maybe I should issue a disclaimer in all my statements from now on:

Riiiiight. And who's the judge of that?

And it's truly amazing that your mooness would even think that I would give psychopaths guns.
    That costs money which I don't have. If I'm not packing, why should they?
    What a maroon you are. But better yet, I should expect no less, considering the inanity you post on a regular basis.
    I don't know why anyone takes anything he posts seriously anyway. This is great evidence of overblown stupidity. I don't know if I want to laugh or cry now that he takes your response as a threat. It's pretty entertaining in a "Kids Say the Darndest Things" kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    There are a lot of tombstones over folks who spent 8 weeks doing jumping jacks and running with backpacks, then sent to VietNam, Korea, or the Middle East and labeled as "trained military" as they quake in thier boots, green to combat, waiting to be shot first before they are allowed to fire back.

I'm not belittling the military, trust me. All I am saying is that if you look at armies around the world, the only thing that separates the soldier from a civilian fighter is the uniform.

The last thing an invading army would want is a half million crazy rednecks with guns acting as a guerilla force...
    Keep digging that foxhole, not that you've ever had. It is obvious from this post you were never in the military. If you think the only difference is a uniform, you are more dense than I previously thought. The need for a militia is way past. Our active duty military, in conjunction with the National Guard, is the deterrent keeping other nations from attacking us.

The idea that an armed populace is the deterrent keeping other countries from attacking us, at any time in our history, is laughable. Most gun nuts are going to be too busy hiding in their basements and/or the woods to be any help "defending" America. I'll count you among them.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I don't understand what the big deal is. Folks such as yourself have been going ballistic ever since Obama became president thinking he was going to take your guns from you , or take your bullets, or put you government re-education camps to teach you the joys of life without guns, whatever.

I challenge you to find any statement, speech, op-ed article where Obama said he was going to take your blessed toys from you.

Calm down 2nd amendment folks, regardless of the Scotus decision nothing was going to affect your ability to go out in the woods and shoot at creatures that can't shoot back any time soon.
    Well written. Now, how does one join a "well regulated militia"?

Anyone reading this thread will realize what the American psyche is all about. Crap, no wonder the issues in the USA.
    Your gov't makes pot illegal and yet you are all as paranoid as fuck as if you smoked a bag a day.
    Lighten up [[no pun intended), people nor your gov't is trying to take you over.

Oh, come on, GOAT. You're letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Why do you hate fun so much?

Directed at me: "I don't know why anyone takes anything he posts seriously anyway."

The forum has an ignore feature, feel free to use it. Quite honestly, I skim right past your posts usually, as you really never make any point about anything, and add very little to the subject.

Islandman

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sstashmoo
    The problem when the lead start flying is, it's going to take it up a notch at the border. People that are trying to get in now are largely passive and compliant with our Border officials. When people start getting shot, that could change all that for the worse. For illegals, and our guards. The US is never going to mount any sort of effective defense of our borders, so this really puts all our border guards in harms way from here on out.

Exactly. Considering most weapons used by the cartels are purchased here, it would be truly ironic if our Border Patrol agents start getting shot with them because of our ineffective policing of the border when it comes to drug and weapon smuggling..

Quote: "I don't why anyone takes anything he posts seriously"

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I don't know why anyone takes anything he posts seriously anyway. This is great evidence of overblown stupidity. I don't know if I want to laugh or cry now that he takes your response as a threat. It's pretty entertaining in a "Kids Say the Darndest Things" kind of way.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Quote: "I wholeheartedly agree."

I'm wholeheartedly astonished you're still able to post. Calling people an "Asshole" on this forum must be ok now.

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    In her world, when the military is done with soldiers they dispose of them.
    Why do you keep referring to GP as "she"?

If you think the only difference is a uniform, you are more dense than I previously thought.
    If you knew your history, you would know men literally walked off the farm and picked up a uniform and a gun to fight in the Civil War.

Why do you think that an armed civilian force is not a good defensive asset to a nation?
    Please explain your reasoning behind this.
    If we were ever invaded, Red Dawn like resistance would be all over, thanks to the 2nd amendment.
    Why would you not think that an armed civilian force would not be a factor to be considered when planning invasion of a foreign country?

Can you answer my questions or are you going to continue to peer down your elitist snout and hurl insults?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    If you knew your history, you would know men literally walked off the farm and picked up a uniform and a gun to fight in the Civil War.

Why do you think that an armed civilian force is not a good defensive asset to a nation?
    Please explain your reasoning behind this.
    If we were ever invaded, Red Dawn like resistance would be all over, thanks to the 2nd amendment.
    Why would you not think that an armed civilian force would not be a factor to be considered when planning invasion of a foreign country?

Can you answer my questions or are you going to continue to peer down your elitist snout and hurl insults?

if an armed force attacked our country and defeated our military, they would have to be in such numbers that all the gun owners around would merely be gnats

Stosh Guest

Quote: "I wholeheartedly agree."

I'm wholeheartedly astonished you're still able to post. Calling people an "Asshole" on this forum must be ok now.
    Only if it's true, apparently.

Where I see your point in that, Rb, I also know that an invading army has to take over town by town, hill by hill, and house by house. Our military would not be the only ones fighting. Our country was founded on militias, reserves, and by calling upon our citizens to stand up in the hour of need.

Granted, our country has not seen that type of situation since the Civil War, but if we ever did, every able bodied person who could fight would count.

So according to the 2nd amendment and the way it is written how many of those who are pro gun in reality just simply holding on to your guns in the case of an invading foreign Army?

You wrote: "I can't answer that. You win.
    So long, asshole."

I wrote: "Calling people an "Asshole" on this forum must be ok now."

You wrote: "Only if it's true, apparently."

Stosh Guest

You wrote: "I can't answer that. You win.
    So long, asshole."

I wrote: "Calling people an "Asshole" on this forum must be ok now."

You wrote: "Only if it's true, apparently."
    Great record keeping.

Quote: "Great record keeping. "

???

So according to the 2nd amendment and the way it is written how many of those who are pro gun in reality just simply holding on to your guns in the case of an invading foreign Army?
    The NRA claims they are for hunting and protection. Protection can be interpreted as a lot of things, I guess.

* Private Firearm Ownership in the U.S. as of 1993/1994:

Households With a Gun
    Percentage
    49%
    Total number 47,600,000

Adults Owning a Gun
    31%
    Total number 59,100,000
    http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

According to these old figures, only about half of American households have firearms in them. I would imagine that the reasons behind having the gun would be different depending upon the indivudual. Why do they need it? Why did they choose to put it in thier home? The reason may vary from person to person, household to household.

I own a 20 guage Winchester pump shotgun. I already posted above how I have it stored and secured. I don't hunt. I don't run around the neighborhood playing gangsta. I simply have it so if someone breaks into my house I can scare them off, or blast them as a last resort. That's about it.

Retroit Guest

Stosh and Ssatchmoo are the best thing since ccbatson and Lorax.

Stash and Stosh, The Dyes version of Click and Clack

As with the latter, only one of us knows what the fuck we're talking about, I'll give ya three guesses which one.

Stash and Stosh, The Dyes version of Click and Clack

As with the latter, only one of us knows what the fuck we're talking about, I'll give ya three guesses which one.
    I'd guess...Stosh

Attachment 6609

yes I do believe i really do believe..in gun controlllll ...well at least for those whose life has been celibate

smiling......best thing since CC and few others....lol that is great...

Not so clear cut!! Gun ownership and CCWs are up for example in Detroit [[a democratic strong hold), and I don't think that it's in response to Obama fear ala gun grabbin'.

I think something a bit nearer and dearer is a motivator: CRIME.

Oh, another point: the average Detroit deciding to bear arms [[CCW or in-home protection) is not a NRA member or repub [[smile).
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I don't understand what the big deal is. Folks such as yourself have been going ballistic ever since Obama became president thinking he was going to take your guns from you , or take your bullets, or put you government re-education camps to teach you the joys of life without guns, whatever.

I challenge you to find any statement, speech, op-ed article where Obama said he was going to take your blessed toys from you.

Calm down 2nd amendment folks, regardless of the Scotus decision nothing was going to affect your ability to go out in the woods and shoot at creatures that can't shoot back any time soon.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-01-10 at 08:23 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast