Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Corn.Bot View Post
    My favorite idea, which I wish someone in cell-phone-land would hear: when a vehicle's speedometer registers any mph in a forward motion, a cell phone will not function except to send a 911 call.....

There are apps that do these things now.... make'em standard.
    How does that work? Does the vehicle send the speedometer data to the phone wirelessly?

Sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    How does that work? Does the vehicle send the speedometer data to the phone wirelessly?

Sincerely.
    To be honest, I have not deeply researched the "how;" I just am uberly-aware of how necessary it is becoming. [[My 14-yr-old recently lost a friend to a texting-while-driving accident).

Some apps and techno-fixes look promising - http://safedrivingsystems.com/uncate...drivingdanger/ - but this one [[as an example) is only close to what I'd like, not the full deal. I know that, realistically, if the feature like this is not standard on a phone, most parents will not pay to have it installed on their kid's cell. Or their own, for that matter. Hence my wish list as previously stated, that these features not be a choice.

Oh, I see. Interesting idea. I expect a lot more similarly innovative features. Actually, I'm wondering why they're not appearing more often than they are.

its about time

Government's getting a little too involved in things that aren't their business. There are many more things that they need to worry about.

They issue the ticket, and the court will pull your phone records - At least that's what they did to the girl that plowed into us in Florida.

She swore up and down that she didn't even have the phone out of her purse, but the records from Verizon told otherwise.

Ironically, her last text sent was that she had to go because she was just in an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    I'm fairly certain that any judge will interpret the phrase "while operating a motor vehicle" to include when you're sitting in traffic at a red light with your foot on the brake.
    The law is when the key is in the ignition you're now operating a motor vehicle. Even if it's in the store parking lot and you've only got it in to turn on the radio and you decide to text or don't have your seatbelt on, you've broken the law.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    The law is when the key is in the ignition you're now operating a motor vehicle. Even if it's in the store parking lot and you've only got it in to turn on the radio and you decide to text or don't have your seatbelt on, you've broken the law.
    The point being that the law is stupid.

I safely texted while driving in Flint today. I wanted to stop in Hamtramck to smoke in a bar on the way home, but didn't have time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2