Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
The Woodward Cruise has its appeal. It's a party, it's a carnival. You can watch the cars go by. However, you see the same, typical, "enthusiast" cars over and over. Oh look, there's a Camaro. Or, gee, a '57 Chevy. Or, wow, a Deuce coupe. Or a row of Mustangs. Or a couple of yellow Vettes. Or a '68 Road Runner or a new Challenger. You get my drift. It's rare to see anything rare or interesting at the Dream Cruise... it's the same old musclecar and street rod pablum, ad nauseum.

That said, there's still some fun to had there. It's just a bit predictable. Is it worth dealing with the crush of people? I'm not sure.
but the same old musclecar and street rod pablum is the whole reason for the event. Concours d' elegance it is not, nor does it pretend to be. I'm not a fan of it, but I get it's appeal to those that are into the 60/70s American street rods that make up the cruising majority. I just wish they would figure out a way to charge for it so we wouldn't have the obligatory hand wringing every year about how cities along the route can't afford to participate ..blah blah.